Windows 10: I'm in a macro Macrium muddle!

Discus and support I'm in a macro Macrium muddle! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Foolishly, I used a system cleaner, and the system went south. I tried System Restore, but it failed, the reasons given- a security app, or a missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chipwood, Mar 15, 2018.

1. chipwood Win User

I'm in a macro Macrium muddle!

Foolishly, I used a system cleaner, and the system went south. I tried System Restore, but it failed, the reasons given- a security app, or a missing file. With security off it failed once more, so to Macrium.

I guess I'd only need restore OS (C), but I am not confident that what done so far is correct.
    I ticked OS(C) in the dropdown and OK, and now see a D: drive.

I'm concerned that sending D's contents to C: will not work, having just noticed 2 boxes concerned with access to restricted files and writability.
    My 90th decade head is spinning. Please help!
    Am I even restoring the right thing?

:)

chipwood, Mar 15, 2018

2. I am no longer able to cut and paste or cut and copy. I've used the keyboard cut and paste because THERE IS NO OPTION on the email itself to do. Please can you help.

To be honest, I'm getting in a bit of a muddle. Need to start afresh tomorrow. Will let you know.

Thanks again.

AdeleBennett, Mar 15, 2018
  3. Reasons To Change Your N95/8GB To N96

always muddled it seems lol

the link has it a bit muddled as well lol

roberth---01, Mar 15, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Read this tutorial.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Tutorials

PS Are you immortal being in your 90th decade - maybe a Highlander? :-D.

cereberus, Mar 15, 2018
  5. chipwood Win User
    I'll be struggling through, but am beginning to think I need some thing simpler than Macrium.
    BTW Just seen what you mean over decades, I'd be well older than Methuselah.*Eek

chipwood, Mar 15, 2018
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Hey Methuselah! *Smile You can also try AOMEI, EaseUS, and any one or more of numerous backup / restore / cloning utilities.

RolandJS, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    Callender, Mar 17, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, suggest you post a screenshot or two of what you're seeing.. use this button above your post to upload the image file.

I'm in a macro  Macrium muddle! [​IMG]

Agreed, Macrium's GUI is a bit geeky compared to some, and you need to be careful with restores.

Are you using Macrium's boot disk?

dalchina, Mar 17, 2018
  9. Phone Man Win User
    Chipwood, what you did was Mount the Macrium image of C: and it mounted it as D:. This can be used to copy individual files and folders from the image to the main drive. In Macrium you need to make a Rescue disk or USB stick and then you can boot from it and it will boot the system and load the Macrium program. Then restore from your image.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 17, 2018
  10. chipwood Win User
    Thank you all for the contributions. Sadly before I could attempt anything the system locked up, offered an automatic repair that failed and something via IPV 4 or 6 never seen before that did nothing.

After the man called at cost, all is well. I'll read that tutorial very slowly (very), before attempting anything with Macriun.

chipwood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm in a macro Macrium muddle! - Similar Threads - I'm macro Macrium

2. unblocking macros

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unblocking macros: How do I unblock security on macros in Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unblocking-macros/c588be45-9c08-45f6-bf97-bac5c000056a
  3. unblocking macros

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unblocking macros: How do I unblock security on macros in Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unblocking-macros/c588be45-9c08-45f6-bf97-bac5c000056a
  4. Macros

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros: What is the purpose of Macros. and can I get a list of some macros? Microsoft Help Says Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macros/fa5041d5-967f-4ceb-b7bb-5b6db10c3f3c
  5. Macros

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Macros: Where can I store my macros so that they are not erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macros/4e64a7a6-fe32-4ea8-a9dd-142aa76c34be
  6. Macros

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Macros: Hi I cannot enable macros on a word document. I have changed the macros setting, but nothing changed. Should I change the security setting on my computer? If so, please instruct how to do that....
  7. I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.: I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial. It says when Macrium Reflect is first starts it is suppose show this window: [img] But I un-installed and re-installed Macrium Reflect several times. But I always get this window: [img] Don Cole 125141
  8. I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial.: I'm having trouble with Macrium Reflect tutorial. It says when Macrium Reflect is first starts it is suppose show this window: [img] But I un-installed and re-installed Macrium Reflect several times. But I always get this window: [img] Don Cole 125141
  9. Keyboard Macros

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Macros: I have a das keyboard - DASK4MKPROCI - that I am using with a Microsoft 10 platform. I want to write some simply keyboard macros. The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center does not support a DAS Keyboard. Are there any options to create macros for use with this combination?...
  10. Creating macros

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating macros: I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program named TINY TASK, I create the macro but don't know how to assign it to a key on keyboard (generic, as I just spilled coffee in...