Windows 10: I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....

Discus and support I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on this laptop and when I started through the set-up process I realizedI had no keyboard or touchpad to fill in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by littlebit0225, May 9, 2021.

1. I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....

Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on this laptop and when I started through the set-up process I realizedI had no keyboard or touchpad to fill in my account info. Please help, I'm stuck.

:)

littlebit0225, May 9, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 9, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Precision touchpad middle click

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest available touchpad drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 9, 2021
  4. I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....

Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures missing in windows 10

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work from Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
    (Windows 10)
    and see if this helps resolve the TouchPad issue.

For reference, you may also refer to the suggestions from ShivamKrishn dated 06-08-2015 from

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 9, 2021
Thema:

I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....

1. I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function.... - Similar Threads - I'm middle setting

2. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  3. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  4. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?: Hello! I was wondering how to get middle mouse function on a touchpad if possible. I know you can do middle clicks, but I was hoping for a way to have middle mouse functions aside from that ex: in some programs, if you hold the middle button down and move the mouse it moves...
  5. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?: Hello! I was wondering how to get middle mouse function on a touchpad if possible. I know you can do middle clicks, but I was hoping for a way to have middle mouse functions aside from that ex: in some programs, if you hold the middle button down and move the mouse it moves...
  6. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.: Hello everyone.Firstly, I am using a Microsoft Surface Go and trying to set up Windows 10 again after factory resetting the PC.I accidentally installed a new driver for my keyboard and then afterwards my keyboard was completely not working. As well as my mousepad on the...
  8. middle mouse functions using touchpad

middle mouse functions using touchpad: I want to use middle mouse functions on my laptop but i don't have a mouse, every answer i've seen online hasn't helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-mouse-functions-using-touchpad/d2e56e13-bcaa-49fa-8b18-671f4699b81d
  9. Touchpad gestures functioning that I can't find anywhere in windows settings

Touchpad gestures functioning that I can't find anywhere in windows settings: When I bring my tap one finger down on the top of the touchpad, momentarily pause, and without lifting it up back up, slide it across to the left and then lift it up, the page I am on will go to the next page if there is a next page for the tab I am on When I do the same...
  10. keyboard function settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard function settings windows 10: How do I access the keyboard function settings in my laptop ? /...