Windows 10: I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out

Discus and support I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I disabled updates a few years ago because they were annoying, but now a couple random things have broken from being not updated (Can't play the Master... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shanderraa, Jan 12, 2021.

1. I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out

I disabled updates a few years ago because they were annoying, but now a couple random things have broken from being not updated (Can't play the Master Chief collection, apparently) Only problem is I'm apparently so far back that the infrastructure to upgrade has completely broken, because everything I've tried thus far has failed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I'd really not like to have to wipe my files - if that's the only option, I'll probably just stay where I'm at.

I tried "reset this pc" but it had the "there was a problem resetting your pc" thing which I gather is fairly common. I tried using the media creation tool, but it failed midway through installation. I tried getting an iso, but couldn't make it work - it's possible I didn't do it right, but I'm not sure.

submitted by /u/Shanderraa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shanderraa, Jan 12, 2021

2. "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703".

What is the make and model of your computer?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check
    this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not

You can also try upgrading manually:

Step 1: 12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703)

Step 2: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 3: How
    to Upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 using ISO File from Versions 1507, 1511 and 1607

Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Creator Update Version 1703

is it possible to download creator update version 1703 iso file and install it without windows update assistant app? if that so what steps should i follow after downloaded the iso file?

I do not need to know where to download iso file, i just need know how to proceed the installation process after download it.

Lahiru Madushan, Jan 12, 2021
  4. KimEddy1 Win User

I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out

No updates in Update Centre for Windows 10 version 1703 KB4073543

Thank you. Have successfully upgraded from Windows Version 1703 OS Build 15063.786 for a Windows 10 Home OS to Version 1709 OS Build 16299.125.

I followed the instructions and created Windows 10 Upgrade / install from a USB memory stick and all worked well although it did take over 4 hours to download, verify & create bootable USB then to install the new version 1709 and configure the applications
    that I wanted to install. Fortunately did not have same problems as many other people (looking at other postings / questions).

What happened to missing updates for Version 1703?

Suggestion - can the download / verification, install process and windows "finalising update /configuration" process list the typical steps and estimated / indicative time ranges to complete each step then "tick / mark step complete" so that have idea
    what has been done and what is still outstanding in the process. Plus what input is required from user, eg start download and about 1 hour later reboot PC before starting installation of download so that user knows if can leave PC to do the download / installation
    without their input AND be able to do more useful tasks.

KimEddy1, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out

1. I'm in version 1703 from update neglect, now I can't get out - Similar Threads - I'm version 1703

2. update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed: I literally only just realized that my HP Pavilion 10 laptop is really behind on updates and when I try to update to a newer version of Windows 10, I have tried updating through my laptop's "Window's update" feature in the settings and it comes up with "Feature update to...
  3. Can't Update from 1703 to 1709 or Later

Can't Update from 1703 to 1709 or Later: Hi, I am completely stuck trying to update my pc from 1703 to anything later. It always gets to about 28% after the reboot and then rolls back to the previous version. I've tried just about everything I can find on the internet to try to get it to update. I've tried the...
  4. Microsoft rolls out cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1703

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1703: Microsoft is busy with the rollout of the latest version of Windows 10 called April 2018 Update but the company is also supporting the systems still running the old operating system. Microsoft is today rolling out a new cumulative update for systems running Windows 10...
  5. Version 1703 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1703 Update Issues: Yesterday my Windows 10 laptop finished applying the following updates: 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 based Systems (KB4048954) 2 017-11 Security Update for...
  6. Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.: I just upgraded to the new Windows Creator's Edition. I previously tried the upgrade on my laptop and everything went smoothly. So I decided to upgrade my desktop (both are a little over a year old and configured similarly). I have a second physical internal drive (my D...
  7. A weird situation I'm in right now - Fonts disappear in 1703?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A weird situation I'm in right now - Fonts disappear in 1703?: I updated to 1703 on the 7th of April using the Media Creation Tool. Then I updated to the latest bugfix build and this happens. The fonts disappeared. See the attached image below. Restarting seems to fix it, and Word seems to report that it's "out of memory/disk space...
  8. Update to version 1703 failing

Update to version 1703 failing: The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation Error code 0x8007002C - 0x4000D Had this before on another computer, which got fixed by uninstalling antivirus, firewall and messing with a few reg keys. That didn't work on this...
  9. Update to Version 1703 from 1607 wants accelerometerDLL.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to Version 1703 from 1607 wants accelerometerDLL.dll: Windows just updated my HP Laptop to Version 1703 from 1607 and just after the update I got a screen shown in the attachment. The update is says, "The code execution cannot proceed because accelerometerdll.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Is...
  10. I'm neglecting my tablet/phone!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm neglecting my tablet/phone!: Since the installation of Windows 10 on every computer I could find, I've seriously neglected my other devices! And it's not just because Windows 10 is new. I even let the battery on my once loyal tablet companion drizzle down to zero! *cry Anyone else leaving behind...