Windows 10: I'm local user and can't change to administrator...

Discus and support I'm local user and can't change to administrator... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i changed my account to local user and i can't do anything i cant even reboot my system because i dont have permissions to do that cant even do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rottenko, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Rottenko Win User

I'm local user and can't change to administrator...

So i changed my account to local user and i can't do anything i cant even reboot my system because i dont have permissions to do that cant even do Windows + X and type net user Administrator /active:yes because it wont let me.. because i dont have administrator permissions... please i would aprecciate any help... because nothing seems to be working... i litteraly cant do anything... Please help!

:)

Rottenko, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 21, 2018
  4. I'm local user and can't change to administrator...

Change local account into administrator

my user account has been changed from administrator to local account and I am unable to do change it.

please help me

whenever I try to change by various methods it just show a dialogue box where it ask for admin user name and password but there is no box to enter details.

So what can I do?

how will I change local account to administrator.

I had uses these methods to change this -

• by run command controlpasswords2
    • by cmd command prompt
    • by user accounts

but every it shows that dialogue box. I also pressed tab key for the box but it only moves between option of "No" and "Show more details".

Ankit Yadav2, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

I'm local user and can't change to administrator...

1. I'm local user and can't change to administrator... - Similar Threads - I'm local user

2. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to change the user to administrator: So, whenever I run the cmd with administrator rights and type in "net user administrator /active:yes", it says that the user could not be located. I also cannot acces group configurations through "run" typing in "gpedit.msc" neither through the computer management.Can...
  3. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't seem to change the user to administrator: So, whenever I run the cmd with administrator rights and type in "net user administrator /active:yes", it says that the user could not be located. I also cannot acces group configurations through "run" typing in "gpedit.msc" neither through the computer management.Can...
  4. I can't seem to change the user to administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  6. User local group Administrator query

User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  7. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.: I have 2 accounts on my laptop right now. The administrator account was the one I first logged in with this laptop and later, I added my second Microsoft account. I want to change my old account to a local user so I can change the Microsoft account on my second account to...
  9. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  10. administrator user changed to standard user

administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...