Windows 10: I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work

Discus and support I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RebekahLuper, May 1, 2020.

1. I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work

I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work

:)

RebekahLuper, May 1, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 1, 2020
  3. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 1, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm locked out for no reason. Pin and password won't work - Similar Threads - I'm locked reason

2. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  3. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  4. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I'm locked out of my windows 11 ,my pin is not working

I'm locked out of my windows 11 ,my pin is not working: "The system detected an overrun of stack based buffer in this application et cetera et cetera.""Something happened and your pen isn't available click to set up pin" But it won't let me do that...
  6. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  7. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  8. My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop crashed and disabled the pin password and now I'm locked out: my laptop crashed suddenly with a blue screen and when I restarted it I couldn't log in with my pin because it was disabled The sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...
  9. Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 PIN and password problems . I'm locked out!: I screwed up and cant get in to my Windows account . I was trying to fix another problem that suggested I boot Windows with minimum start up stuff. After I did that, the desktop PC rebooted but instead of asking for my pin number it said something has happened and the PIN...
  10. I am locked out. My pin and password both won't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am locked out. My pin and password both won't work: Cannot access my account. Pin and password won't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-my-pin-and-password-both-wont-work/688c2ca3-03a7-4b8a-850a-d8edd3515244