Windows 10: I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update

Discus and support I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update. A mistake was made when setting up windows (on my new laptop) where a wrong word was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chichicheche, Nov 19, 2018.

1. I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update

I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update. A mistake was made when setting up windows (on my new laptop) where a wrong word was typed in as part of the email address. I was able to log in though, with the (wrong) email address and a pin before a windows update. But, after the windows update, I suddenly found that I'm unable to log into windows using the same email address and pin that was initially chosen at (first time) windows setup, but I get "the password is incorrect." I tried safe mode...to see if I can solve the login problem, but message kept asking for password on every option I've chosen in safe mode. I even tried to reset windows, but it still kept on asking for a password, and when I typed it in it's not being recognised; therefore, I can't get beyond that screen in that option or any other options, I'm assuming because of pin/password or wrong email address.

My files are not backed up; therefore, can't reinstall windows because everything is on the same HD. Moreover, I haven't got a windows OS disc. How can I overcome this BIG problem without reinstalling windows?

:)

chichicheche, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update

1. I'm locked out from accessing windows after a windows update - Similar Threads - I'm locked accessing

2. I'm locked out of a local account on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of a local account on windows 10: I just got my surface laptop back from being repaired by Microsoft and it was signed in to a local account. I opened my laptop once with it, but after shutting my computer down it now says "unable to log in account is locked" and I have no way to sign into my laptop. What do...
  3. Locked out after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  4. I'm locked out of windows and stuck in my linux

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of windows and stuck in my linux: Hello, I installed ubuntu and attempted to dual boot it with windows. I had windows first and attempted to add ubuntu. I deleted my windows boot manager on accident when creating my ubuntu partitions. I have all of my windows 10 files saved on a different partition, but I...
  5. Locked out of Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of Windows 10 after update: I installed an update to Windows 10 on my PC last night. Now it's asking for a Microsoft password. I went to Microsoft.com and created one, but it is not accepting it, so I don't have access to my PC....
  6. HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT: I am about at the end of this. It all started last Monday, now I'm locked out of my Windows 10. Can, Will, Would someone please help me get back in. Thank You very much, I am so tired....
  7. HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!! I'M LOCKED OUT: I am about at the end of this. It all started last Monday, now I'm locked out of my Windows 10. Can, Will, Would someone please help me get back in. Thank you so very much, so very tired...
  8. I'm locked out . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out . . .: I was removing the password from the login,lock screen. But, during the process, I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive. But, it's a Dell....
  9. Locked out from windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out from windows: I tried to reboot in safe mode but when I use my password they say it's incorrect... now I can't get out of safe mode submitted by /u/PraiseTheSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efyki4/locked_out_from_windows/
  10. I'm locked out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm locked out!: Like an idiot I set the power on password for my HP 15-f305dx laptop (Win 10) and forgot to write down or remember the password. I've tried taking out the cmos battery for twenty minutes (no AC or battery either) and all that happens is the screen comes up and says the cmos...