Windows 10: I’m locked out of administrator status.

Discus and support I’m locked out of administrator status. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I get into windows I log into my account(the admin account, I only have one) if I try to use administrator features the app just crashes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AbsolutelyRidic, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I’m locked out of administrator status.

Every time I get into windows I log into my account(the admin account, I only have one) if I try to use administrator features the app just crashes. I can’t download anything, I can’t connect any Bluetooth devices and more. Can anyone help? I don’t know what I did wrong. I just put my cpu into turbo mode in my bios, and I turned that off after I got locked out of the bios.

submitted by /u/AbsolutelyRidic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AbsolutelyRidic, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Enabling administrative status on user account

Hi Jordan,

To address your concern, You can do the following steps provided below:

• Create a new account and set it as Administrator.
    • Log in to the new account and set your original account as Administrator from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 26, 2020
  4. I’m locked out of administrator status.

Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

I’m locked out of administrator status.

1. I’m locked out of administrator status. - Similar Threads - I’m locked administrator

2. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  3. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  4. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  5. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  6. Locked out even as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out even as administrator: I fired up an infrequently used PC (Lenovo ThinkCentre M53) only to find that I am locked out of several functions such as device manager. A red banner comes up that says: This app has been blocked for your protection An administrator has blocked you from running this app....
  7. Locked out even as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out even as administrator: I fired up an infrequently used PC (Lenovo ThinkCentre M53) only to find that I am locked out of several functions such as device manager. A red banner comes up that says: This app has been blocked for your protection An administrator has blocked you from running this app....
  8. Locked out Administration

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out Administration: Hi I have been locked out of admin priviliges and i dont get the yes button that gives you choice its missing and dont know what to as i cant even find the admin account workig or not i dont know is it suppose to be disable hidden away or enabled i dont know...
  9. Administrator function locked out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator function locked out: My User profile in WIndows 10 indicates I am the Adminstrator, which is how the profile was originally set up. Now, however, every time I try to do an install or similar task I get a message onscreen that this task can only be performed by the Administrator. I don't get it....
  10. Administrator locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator locked out: I recently set up the parental controls but now I can't install .exe's. It asks for the admin account and password to allow it. I can't find the family and accounts option in setting on any of the accounts including the parent account. I need help. I've tried to turn on admin...