Windows 10: I'm locked out of my computer . . .

Discus and support I'm locked out of my computer . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; II was removing the password from the login, lock screen. I went into the Bios, during the process. Andd I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 13, 2020.

1. I'm locked out of my computer . . .

II was removing the password from the login, lock screen. I went into the Bios,
    during the process. Andd I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me! Now,
    I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again.

To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive. But, it's a Dell. They have no DVD
    drive. They do everything with USB drives. I do have another Dell, which is what,
    I'm using now. But, this computer was a replacement. And, I have to send it back.
    But, I need to get that computer fixed first. It's a catch 22. I'm locked out?

In the state, the computer is in, would their be anyway to get it to reset? I have
    everything backed up to a USB drive. So, wiping it would me OK.

I can create a Windows 10 installation, on a USB drive, if that would help? I remember
    before, when I reset a computer, it just did it thru the WiFi cloud. So, please tell me,
    you have an idea, on how I can fix this? So, my question is. Can I force a reset?

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 13, 2020

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 13, 2020
  4. I'm locked out of my computer . . .

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

I'm locked out of my computer . . .

1. I'm locked out of my computer . . . - Similar Threads - I'm locked computer

2. Reset my computer undoing change's and now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my computer undoing change's and now I'm locked out: I reset my gaming PC won't fully factory reset goes to 50-70 percent then undoing change's and now I can't log into my account and get in my computer when I try I get "The user profile service service failed the sign in user profile can't be located" if it can't be located...
  3. i'm locked out of my acct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i'm locked out of my acct: I forgot my password and locked out of my acct. It doesn't give me any options to get my password, so I'm unable to access my computer\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-locked-out-of-my-acct/db29d843-4b7d-42ce-878a-a0b930084290
  4. i'm locked out of my acct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm locked out of my acct: I forgot my password and locked out of my acct. It doesn't give me any options to get my password, so I'm unable to access my computer\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-locked-out-of-my-acct/db29d843-4b7d-42ce-878a-a0b930084290
  5. i'm locked out of my acct

6. I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS: So I haven't updated the bios since I bought this laptop. Now I did, and I regret it. Suddenly the PIN I have always used to log in, doesn't work anymore, then it asks for my phone number, a number I don't have access to anymore. So I log in into my outlook account, this one,...
  7. I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS

I'm locked out of my own computer for updating the BIOS: So I haven't updated the bios since I bought this laptop. Now I did, and I regret it. Suddenly the PIN I have always used to log in, doesn't work anymore, then it asks for my phone number, a number I don't have access to anymore. So I log in into my outlook account, this one,...
  8. I'm locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of my own computer: Can somebody please help I have a Dell Latitude computer I mean ministrator I'm the owner of the computer and I had a friend use my computer now this and they have a user passcode or password on the front of the screen when you first log on and it's not even letting me get to...
  9. I'm locked out . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm locked out . . .: I was removing the password from the login,lock screen. But, during the process, I somehow deleted my account. Stupid of me!Now, I'm locked out of my computer. When, I put in my password, it says, try again. To reset my password, it says I need a DVD drive. But, it's a Dell....
  10. I'm locked out!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm locked out!: Like an idiot I set the power on password for my HP 15-f305dx laptop (Win 10) and forgot to write down or remember the password. I've tried taking out the cmos battery for twenty minutes (no AC or battery either) and all that happens is the screen comes up and says the cmos...