Windows 10: I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows

Discus and support I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope that someone here has seen the a program or utility that I am looking for. It sounds like an idea that I someone has probably already done if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows

I hope that someone here has seen the a program or utility that I am looking for. It sounds like an idea that I someone has probably already done if I could find it.

I am trying to help some people that end up wasting a lot of time on having to revisit the same websites for multiple times to get the job done. The solution I am imagining would be a way to create a hyperlinked exploded-view of the subfolder contents of master-folders. This would be to give the Users a way to load files into any of the multiple sub-folders inside the master-folder by dropping the files directly into the exploded images of the sub-folders.

I have seen Tree View programs that can display all the sub-folders of a hard drive but for it to work as needed the Tree-view would have to be hyperlinked back to each subfolder Dropping a file onto the name of a subfolder should load a copy of the file into that folder.

If possible, it needs to be an “optional view” that could be turned on for specific folders while loading them and then turned off when done, preferably with a right click option. They could enable it for only the folders they were working on at a given time.

Even though they use multiple monitors to extend their Windows desktop area the type of exploded view I am thinking of would make for a crowded desktop if used on more than a few folders at once. Having the ability to see all the sub-folders inside each Master and be able to load them with files would save a lot of time . A Hyperlinked version of a standard Tree View would be better than nothing. But much nicer and easier to work with if each subfolder were shown exploded out from the main folder as a full sized icon with a title.

If any of you have seen something like this, I would appreciate any pointers or leads.

:)

questorfla, Nov 8, 2019

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Nov 8, 2019
  3. win7 directory tree printing

Hey, that worked.

Now changed current directory to D:\ and entered

tree /f > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Treed.txt"

I presumed that I would get a list for D:\ in treed.txt

No sign of treed.txt on the desktop but no error messages either.

Jim

JimSmithe99, Nov 8, 2019
  4. I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows

Tree View Control.

Hi,

Please see below for responses:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I have re-installed third party software.
      Tree View still does not work.
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
      Have not made any changes other than installing other software.
    • Are you getting any error messages? No error messages.....program freezes and has to be shut down by closing window.

Based on the description that you provided, you are experiencing this issue when using a third party software. Having said that, we also suggest that you contact the developer of the said software for further assistance. Currently working with third
    party provider to solve the issue....no luck so far. The third party software provider has isolated the problem down to the Tree View Control. They had me find the MSCOMCTL.OSX file and check the product version as well as other dates such as date/time stamp,
    the date created, Modifued and Accessed....Still waiting to hear back from them since I supplied this info. They also have told me that no other user of their software has experinced the problem I have. They have maintaining that the problem is specific to
    my computer.......I am at a loss.

MikeAcct2304, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows

1. I'm Looking for a Hyperlinked tree-view directory display for Windows - Similar Threads - I'm Looking Hyperlinked

2. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  3. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  4. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  5. Display Folder Tree in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Folder Tree in Windows 11: Hi,I have a drive that has numerous folders and subfolders and I would like to display the entire folder structure with a single click rather than having to click hundreds of folders individually to show their subfolders. I've searched the internet and youtube and have not...
  6. Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit: Hi, would anyone know how to make the tree view in File Explorer look like the one in Regedit within Windows 10? The Windows Explorer view can get confusing especially with deep nested folder structures. The Regedit view is much more helpful. They seem to use the same icons....
  7. My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?

My file explorer doesn't display the directory tree. How do I fix this?: I just got a new laptop with Windows 10. When I open File Explorer, the directory tree is missing. Where is it??? My other computer displays it just fine. HELP!!!...
  8. Hyperlink Text To Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyperlink Text To Display: I have been using OneNote for a long time now without any problems. I use OneNote 2007 because I am familiar with it and I am a bit of a luddite. I cut and paste internet links regularly into OneNote and have done so for many years but lately ii has started replacing the...
  9. Tree view of Files and Folders in v.20H2

Tree view of Files and Folders in v.20H2: Has the tree view of Files and Folders in explorer been removed from W10 20H2 build 19042.685, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tree-view-of-files-and-folders-in-v20h2/7bd76e23-2244-4150-8319-fb73960716f0
  10. Windows Explorer Directory Tree pane updates very slowly.

Windows Explorer Directory Tree pane updates very slowly.: My main Windows 10 system updates the Directory Tree Pane in Windows Explorer very slowly if at all. As I organize my file content for my Plex server the renamed directories update about every 30 minutes. Think of it as a bell curve going from immediately to never. I'm...