Windows 10: I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app

Discus and support I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics: (1) Google Drive: Can backup files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pluviosilla, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app

I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics:

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive
    (2) One-way Copying: Allows me to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc drives under any circumstances. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or remove files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.
    (3) User-friendly: Easy-to-use drag and drop interface.
    (4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software duplicate the folder hierarchy on Google Drive.

Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks.

:)

pluviosilla, Jul 23, 2020

2. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app that has the following characteristics:

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive
    (2) One-way Copying: Allows me to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc drives under any circumstances. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or remove files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.
    (4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software duplicate the folder hierarchy on Google Drive.

Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

(1) Google Drive: Can backup files to Google Drive (My Computer)

(2) One-way Copying: Allows me to configure the backup app to specify one-way copying. I do not want the backup app to modify the contents of my computer disc driver *ever*. In other words, if I add or remove files on my computer, I want the backup software to add or reomve files on Google Drive, but if I add or remove files directly on Google Drive, the backup software should do **nothing** on my computer.

(4) Maps Folder Hierarchy: I do not want to sync contents of a single "sync folder". I want to specify any combination of folders on my machine and have the backup software both copy the files in those folders to Google Drive *and* duplicate the hierarchy of subfolders under the folder I choose to backup.

Are there any packages on the market capable of doing all these things?

Thanks.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
  4. I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app

Need Backup & Sync Desktop Client with Certain Characteristics

That's why I'm posting here asking around to see if there is a program that does everything I want. Google's Backup & Sync will modify your machine. I hate that. It's free, but it's just too light weight and lacks configuration options.

pluviosilla, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app

1. I'm looking for a Windows 10 compatible desktop backup and sync app - Similar Threads - I'm looking compatible

2. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  3. Desktop sync/ backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop sync/ backup: I use my account on my home and office computers. Some desktop shortcuts aren't on my home PC that are on my home PC and vice versa. I don't want my two PC's intermingling the shortcuts, so I turn off the desktop backup and stop the sync, but it always seems to be turning...
  4. Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs: Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs. don 't want the clunky and slowness of word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-notepad-app-for-txt-files-that-syncs/43024632-c9f7-4b61-9b1f-42e2e4869874
  5. Windows backup compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  6. Windows backup compatibility

Windows backup compatibility: Hello,today I am backing up my C: drive to my hard drive, and I was wondering if i can use backup created on Windows 11 to restore my files on Windows 10. Can I?Thanks,MakoPog...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App on desktop is not syncing

Windows 10 Mail App on desktop is not syncing: My Mail application is not syncing by the hour and it is getting increasingly annoying because I am missing time-sensitive email as a result of that. Currently, it has not been syncing emails from the last 22 hours, this is way too long in this digital age. Please help. The...
  8. Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Sync: Backup and sync is not working with the Microsoft photo app. The problem is somewhat random in that it syncs unedited photos, but not the edited versions. (This problem does not go with any of the offered topics)....
  9. Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync

Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync: I have just installed Google Backup & Sync - the new replacement for Google Drive. In the drive I downloaded and installed the Cloud ePub Reader app. I now wish to uninstall this app but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? 92185
  10. Backup and Restore Remote Desktop app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Remote Desktop app in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Remote Desktop app in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Remote Desktop app in Windows 10 You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive...