Windows 10: I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

Discus and support I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried using Calibre, SumatraPDF, Freda, Kindle, Icecream Ebook reader and EPUBReader extension for Chrome so far. I want to be able to copy text and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bowbowjowjow, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

I tried using Calibre, SumatraPDF, Freda, Kindle, Icecream Ebook reader and EPUBReader extension for Chrome so far.
    I want to be able to copy text and numbered lists like this one (from an epub reader) and be able to paste them and be similarly structured (pasted to word).
    Currently from the mentioned only the said extension is able to do that and preserve as much as possible from the original look of the textbook (a problem I had with Freda) and the copy-paste structure but it's not as polished - there are some problems with the touchscreen support and full screen mode.
    Is there any alternative? I wanted to downgrade the browser but it turned out I would need to downgrade my entire Windows 10 version in order to get support for .epub files which is quite unfortunate.

submitted by /u/Bowbowjowjow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bowbowjowjow, Nov 16, 2019

2. Opening EPUB file with Edge

Hello, I have recently purchased an EBook online and I would like to read this EPUB file with Microsoft Edge's. I can read it in other EPUB readers such as bookviser reader, however when trying to
    change how the file opens there is no option to "open with" Microsoft Edge. Is there any way to fix this so I can view my EBook through Edge? Thanks.

AlfPriestley, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Opening EPUB file with Edge

Hi,

You can read .ePub files in Microsoft Edge so long as they are not protected. The latest Windows 10 build brings EPUB file format support to Edge, allowing users to read their favorite EPUB books directly in the browser. To resolve your concern,
    we suggest that you associate the file type to Edge as well. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Type Default Programs in the Control Panel Search bar.

I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge c55286cd-d9d2-4317-a6ec-4d7804be22c8.png
    • Click the Default Programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
      I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge 8768b7a9-043e-469d-9b1e-f9884b32a539.png

• Double-click the .ePub file type.
    • Once the pop-up window shows the option, click on More apps drop down then select Edge.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Eileen Gal, Nov 16, 2019
  4. zBernie Win User

I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

Is there an epub reader that also reads PDF files?

I'm considering switching from OS X to Windows 10. I was looking for an ebook reader similar to iBooks, which allows me to just drag and drop .epub or .pdf files into it, and keeps them organized. I have not been able to find anything comparable for
    Windows. Is there an epub reader available which can also read PDF files?

zBernie, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

1. I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - I'm looking epub

2. I'm looking for an epub reader that has a freehand draw feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm looking for an epub reader that has a freehand draw feature: Title submitted by /u/bloomlike [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le5lr7/im_looking_for_an_epub_reader_that_has_a_freehand/
  3. Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back

Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back: Yes, I know that Epub functionality was discontinued an year ago. Yes, I haven't updated my PC since then so that I can keep Edge continuing to support epub files. I was absolutely hooked to reading my books seamlessly on it. Since, Windows10 update decided to be ruthless...
  4. great epub reader

great epub reader: after edge stop supporting epub files. i couldn't find any app with great minimal ui like edge I tried so much but they all suck. Do you guys have any suggestions? thanks for help submitted by /u/orcunsincap [link] [comments]...
  5. edge and epub

edge and epub: Does someone know what the last edition of windows 10 was where edge could read .epub files? submitted by /u/mobsteRRR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2qdd/edge_and_epub/
  6. How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?

How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?: I just updated recently and looks like it unassociated by itself. submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1wm89/how_to_associate_epub_files_with_microsoft_edge/
  7. Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files: How do I use Microsoft Edge to open epub files when I cannot even select MS Edge from the dropdown list after I click "Open With"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-microsoft-edge-to-open-epub-files/eade9b57-747d-42ac-9ad7-43a4c4b97918"
  8. Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?: So I practically only used the new Microsoft browser for reading epubs, lol. But man, it was so good, the interface was clean, the text beautiful and readable, and well-formatted. To my sadness, today with the message the support of this feature would be canceled it was.....
  9. Default epub reader question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default epub reader question: I have Edge as the default app to open and read epub files. I have an epub reader program installed on my machine but the software will not allow me to change my default from Edge to Calibri Epub Reader; it simply tells me to search for an app at the MS store. I don't need...
  10. Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Edge and default PDF-reader.: Hi, I've been looking for a solution for my problem for months now. Since I have Windows 10 on my computer, the default pdf-reader is constantly changed back to Microsoft Edge, despite all my attempts to make Acrobat Reader DC my default one. I have made the change of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge downgrade epub

2. epub reader edge

3. epub that most similar to edge

4. ms edge epub not supported solution