Windows 10: I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely

Discus and support I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My touchpad is a Precision touchpad. When I enter UEFI Bios in my Dell laptop, the touchpad gestures are disabled completely "multi-finger scroll etc."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeshalAbdullah, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely

My touchpad is a Precision touchpad. When I enter UEFI Bios in my Dell laptop, the touchpad gestures are disabled completely "multi-finger scroll etc." I want to achieve that inside Windows 10.

disabling them from windows settings won't be enough, as I want to be able to move my cursor using two fingers in the touchpad. But it wouldn't move even with disabling the gestures. However I can move the cursor with two fingers on the touchpad when I'm inside UEFI.

Model: Dell xps 15 7590

:)

MeshalAbdullah, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

I have a big problem, that makes my tablet computer (Kiano Intelect X1 FHD) completely useless:

because of wrong working touchpad gestures all the windows minimize every 10-60 seconds.

This is extremally annoying. The built-in touchpad is recognized by Windows as a standard mouse.

I have spent hours on searching for solutions but none of them worked out.

I would like to add that this problem appears in all the tablets of this kind (even the reviewers have mentioned it).

How to completely disable the touchpad gestures in Windows 10?

Thanks in advance

Andrzej

[Moved to: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Andrzej_370, Jun 4, 2020
  4. I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely

How to disable a touchpad gesture in windows 10!?!?

I wanted to update you. I closed all my programs to try to reinstall my touchpad gesture settings application, Asus Smart Gesture. The November Fall "update" once again disabled my touchpad. I wanted to show you this image that I have now. It is the
    program that was originally installed on my PC to manage the gestures on the touchpad.

I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely a5b69885-02a6-473a-a533-4a1fdfb0b2a7.png

What I'm trying to tell you is if your touchpad is capable of gestures, then there should be a program or driver where you can manage the gestures. Look at the image below and look at the change when I have highlighted three finger swipe up.

I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely de9a5d67-82a1-4ff2-88bb-45bdecc53979.png

So every time Microsoft has "upgraded" my PC with one build of Windows 10 and then again with another build of Windows 10, my Smart Gesture program gets wiped out.

Microsoft installs a driver to enable you to gesture on the touchpad. Like I said before, look in the Control Panel, perhaps the mouse settings will give you some way to disable gestures or change the gestures.

There are Asus touchpads, Cypress TrackPads, Synaptics Touchpads and more. Some links perhaps to give you more ideas.

How to disable the pinch-zoom gesture on Windows laptops

decrease touchpad sensitivity nextbook 8.1

How To Enable Or Disable Touchpad Gestures In Windows 8

Brenda Woollard, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely

1. I'm looking to disable Windows 10 touchpad gestures completely - Similar Threads - I'm looking disable

2. Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps: I would like to disable touchpad gestures in this case pause/play, next song, etc. for certain apps. I have recently bought a new laptop Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 and now, gestures apply to more than one app. On my old laptop, this was limited to Spotify, meaning that I could...
  3. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  4. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  5. Disabling "Show all windows" touchpad gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling "Show all windows" touchpad gesture: Hi. I'm having trouble with the new Windows 10 Touchpad gestures. I will be tracking the cursor left to right and the screen will enter Show All Windows mode. I have to press Win+Tab to get out of the view, and it is completely disrupting my laptop use. I've tried...
  6. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  7. How disable touchpad gestures windows 10

How disable touchpad gestures windows 10: I have an asus ux303ua. It has a FocalTech touchpad. I have a problem with the touchpad often accidentally taking a touch as a 3 finger or 4 finger gesture. I want to disable this. But there isn't an option in either windows 10 or my driver. Any suggestions on how I can...
  8. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7