Windows 10: I'm new here. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to...

Discus and support I'm new here. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All, I am new here and sure this question has been asked many times; so sorry for that. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maryt5, Oct 29, 2019.

1. maryt5 Win User

I'm new here. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to...

Hello All,

I am new here and sure this question has been asked many times; so sorry for that.

Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to a PC [Windows 10]--and petrified!?

I need all the help I can get. I have searched the web and am thinking I may be smart to have a professional convert for me....

I do have most everything in the cloud, although I am concerned of the possible loss in transfer from one operating system to the other. [Obviously, although I am enjoying many of the benefits of the cloud, I am not well-versed in it enough.]

Thank you so much!

Mary

:)

maryt5, Oct 29, 2019
  2. jamewatsn Win User

Nokia Suite for Mac OSX users

Thanks for this step-by-step @Puigchild. How about for newer units that do not have a memory card?

Perhaps some kind of basic app can be developed like PhoneDirector by Nokia to its Mac users. Just as new entry-level feature/smart/dual sim phones are being launched in many parts of Asia and Africa, Mac users (specifically PC converts and/or Windows users
    owning iPads, for example) are growing as well. It's not a lost cause altogether.

jamewatsn, Oct 29, 2019
  3. k_vill Win User

Thanks for this step-by-step @Puigchild. How about for newer units that do not have a memory card?

Perhaps some kind of basic app can be developed like PhoneDirector by Nokia to its Mac users. Just as new entry-level feature/smart/dual sim phones are being launched in many parts of Asia and Africa, Mac users (specifically PC converts and/or Windows users
    owning iPads, for example) are growing as well. It's not a lost cause altogether.

PS. I'd hate to think that Nokia's move to install Windows on its newest lines prevents it from ever coming up with sync apps meant for loyal Nokia users.

k_vill, Oct 29, 2019
  4. N_311 Win User

I'm new here. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to...

Hi,

I am a first time user of Nokia. So was excited when I decided to go for New Nokia Asha 311. Was bit disappointed when the box didnt contain data cable. I managed to buy one but the real disappointment turned out to be non-availability of Nokia Suite for
    Mac OSX users. This is a real turn off. With the advent of users moving towards non-Windows OS, Suite applications must be catered to all.

My question is, will Nokia develop any such application for Mac community? Or is there any alternative available. I did googled it long and hard but couldnt find any suggestions apart from having Parallels, which I must confess I dont want to do.

N_311, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm new here. Any advice for a long-time Mac user who has just purchased and converting to... - Similar Threads - I'm here advice

2. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  3. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  4. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  5. Any advice here?

Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  6. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. who are the moderators here

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    who are the moderators here: I saw one of his post and I visited his profile ,can you please take a look his responses ,this guy is a disaster, does he work for Microsoft? im just...
  8. Any Mac users here running Windows VM's on Parallels -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Any Mac users here running Windows VM's on Parallels -: Hi folks I've a colleague who has a mac computer and wants to run Windows VM's on Parallels (that's a sort of well known VM software platform for using on Mac computers -- equivalent to vmware / vbox). Any users here who have experience on this stuff -- I have zero...
  9. Moved from Mac to Windows - any advice for these problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved from Mac to Windows - any advice for these problems?: Hi all. Recently - and somewhat reluctantly - moved from a 2012 non retina Macbook Pro (old i7, 8gb RAM) to Windows as a career shift meant I needed to us Windows software which didn't work well under Boot Camp. New laptop is much better spec'd than the Mac - Lenovo P1 gen...
  10. Any GetRight user here?

Any GetRight user here?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004 x64 I am still using GetRight as Download Manager and I love it *Tongue IF Windows remove IE, Does GetRight will stop working? Thanks 163163