Windows 10: I'm no longer administrator of my account?

Discus and support I'm no longer administrator of my account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elizabeth. BaidePaola, May 16, 2021.

1. I'm no longer administrator of my account?

When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not administrator of my own account?. This is really frustrating because when i customize my wallpaper/theme every time I close it , it changes it to normal windows wallpaper . Plus when i save a picture / file , it disappears ? I've tried to sign into another account of mine , but then it says error or not successful? Even if I try to make a new account it says the same thing ... i really can't do anything anymore without it getting automatically

:)

Elizabeth. BaidePaola, May 16, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 16, 2021
  3. No longer have an administrator account so access to nothing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I am glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

How to Enable Built-in Administrator Account in Windows

• Right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt in administrator mode.
    • Now type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.
    • You’ll note that there’s no password for this account, so if you want to leave it enabled you should change the password.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 16, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I'm no longer administrator of my account?

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, May 16, 2021
Thema:

I'm no longer administrator of my account?

1. I'm no longer administrator of my account? - Similar Threads - I'm longer administrator

2. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  3. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  4. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No longer Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer Administrator: Hello! Please help! I clicked windows key + R and accidentally switched to a regular user. I'm no longer administrator. I've tried the windows key + X trick, I've tried reversing what I did using the windows key + R but that takes me to a message that says 'are you sure you...
  6. I'm no longer able to link Alexa with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm no longer able to link Alexa with my Microsoft account: I have the Cortana skill installed in Alexa. I was able to do things like "Alexa open Cortana", then "Add eggs to my grocery list". Then suddenly it stopped working. So, I tried unlinking my Microsoft account from Alexa. But now when I try to link the accounts again I get...
  7. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.: The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are: Read List Folder Contents Read and Execute Funny enough, these are...
  8. I'm no longer an Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm no longer an Administrator: I'm logging in with my main microsoft account and my user is the only user and it's an Administrator, but Suddenly I lost my right as an Administrator and my account now is guist account, I cant instal apps or running cmd [ATTACH]...
  9. No longer Administrator on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer Administrator on my computer: Hi I got fed up with having to enter a password every time I turned my computer on, so I turned it off now it is telling me I am no longer the Administrator. Is there anything I can do to rectify this please....
  10. My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...: So I have an administrator account (an email) on my computer. I vaguely remember making it my administrator account, VAGUELY. its my school account, heres the funny part, my school uses GMAIL, but it says its a microsoft account (it's not, 100%). I tried the password for it...