Windows 10: I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

Discus and support I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter* Changed to a question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HITESH CHAVDA, Feb 19, 2024.

1. I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter* Changed to a question

:)

HITESH CHAVDA, Feb 19, 2024
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 19, 2024
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive

If Windows 11 File Explorer is not showing an external drive that is connected to your device, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the connection: Make sure that the external drive is properly connected to your device. Try unplugging and replugging the drive, or connecting it to a different USB port.
    2. Check Disk Management: Open Disk Management by pressing Windows key + X, then selecting Disk Management. Look for the external drive in the list of drives. If it appears but has no drive letter assigned, right-click on it and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Assign a drive letter to the external drive, and then check if it appears in File Explorer.
    3. Update drivers: Make sure that your device's drivers are up to date, particularly the drivers for your USB ports. Use the Device Manager to check for any outdated or malfunctioning drivers, and update or reinstall them as needed.
    4. Check power supply: If the external drive requires a separate power supply, make sure it is properly connected and functioning.
    5. Test on another device: Try connecting the external drive to another device to see if it appears in File Explorer. This will help determine if the issue is with the drive itself or your device.
    By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the issue of Windows 11 File Explorer not showing an external drive.

davidwarner007, Feb 19, 2024
  4. Micah Bat Win User

I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

External drives and Windows 10 issue

Since you are having multiple issues with Windows 10, we suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing (DISM) to look into the system for possible corruption. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X
    • On the menu which should pop-up on the lower-left side of your screen, click
      Command Prompt (admin)
    • Type the following on Command Prompt (wait for the SFC scan to finish before running DISM):

sfc /scannow

dism /online /restorehealth /cleanup-image

Check the result of the scans, and if it states that it was able to fix some corrupted files, simply restart your computer to apply the fix and check if the issue persists.

Regarding your external hard disk, we suggest you to update your USB Hard Disk drivers. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Find the disk drive for your external hard disk.
    • Right-click your disk drive.
    • Click Update Driver Software.
    • A new windows will prompt, click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Feb 19, 2024
Thema:

I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

1. I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today - Similar Threads - I'm able folder

2. I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-make-new-folder-in-external-drive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  3. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  4. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  5. Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive: Greetings Everyone, I came to a problem that I need the community's help with. I got two drives on my pc. An SSD for boot and a hard drive for mass storage. I was trying to change the location of the downloads to my D: drive, but whenever I do, the file automatically...
  6. I'm not able to make a repair install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm not able to make a repair install: This is a continuation of this: Several issues since a week ago. So now, i downloaded the lastest iso and then i made all of the steps, and when the installation gets to 100% after 2 minutes it says: "there's an error with the windows installation" then i downloaded this:...
  7. I'm not able to open the prefetch folder

I'm not able to open the prefetch folder: I had heard once that deleting prefetch files will reduce my system's boot up time so I used to delete it on a regular basis. But recently, I found out that this not true and that the opposite of it is true. Prefetch files help in reducing the system's boot up time. So I have...
  8. I'm New At Making Signatures... BUT!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm New At Making Signatures... BUT!: I'm Learning. I started in paint and IrfanView. But I have progressed into Photoshop. I'm A Real NOOB! I have made some "Many" mistakes and also progressed and I'm working on it. Photoshop is deep in all its options, so much to grasp on to. I think I have grassed the very...
  9. Neither able to create new folder on external hard drive nor paste any file

Neither able to create new folder on external hard drive nor paste any file: Whenever trying to create a new folder or paste any file on hard drive, it gives error "You need permission to perform this action". Already added groups/users and gave full permission in security tab of hard drive properties. Please help to resolve this issue. Thanks....
  10. Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.

Make a list of folder names - in a directory on an external hard drive.: I am hoping that you can give me some simple directions, to list the names of folders, in a sub directory, on an external hard drive. Much appreciated...