Windows 10: I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!

Discus and support I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new high-performance monitor that supports up to 144Hz refresh rate. I want to ensure I’m utilizing its full potential for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ben_074, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Ben_074 Win User

I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!

I recently purchased a new high-performance monitor that supports up to 144Hz refresh rate. I want to ensure I’m utilizing its full potential for a smoother visual experience, especially for gaming and video editing. However, I'm not entirely sure how to change the refresh rate on my Windows 11 PC.Here are some specifics about my setup:I'm running Windows 11 Home Edition.My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660.The monitor is connected via HDMI 2.0.Could someone provide a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to adjust the refresh rate?Additionally, are there any potential issues or common

:)

Ben_074, Jun 16, 2024

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Is there a way to change the refresh rate in mail app for windows 10?

Hi Bourdas,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps to change the refresh rate in the Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.

• Click on the “Gear icon” and click on “Account” under “Settings”.

• Click on the “Account name” and click on “sync settings”.

• Under “Download new content”, you have 6 options to select.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 16, 2024
  4. I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!

How to set default refresh rate

Both. When I'm in 1920x1080x60hz and change to 3840x2160, Windows sets the refresh rate to 30hz. When I'm in 3840x2160x60hz and change to 1920x1080 Windows sets the rate to 30hz.

I've uploaded two screenshots. They list the relevant modes:

I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11! 131860d1493082413t-how-set-default-refresh-rate-mode-1.png

I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11! 131861d1493082413t-how-set-default-refresh-rate-mode-2.png

sauronnikko, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!

1. I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11! - Similar Threads - I'm able change

2. Refresh Rate Changing Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rate Changing Problem: Hey, everybody. I have a problem about the screen refresh rate. So, I organize my refresh rate to 144 HZ but when I restrart the laptop it changes to 60 HZ automatically. It wasn't like this in the past. What should I do?Thanks beforehand....
  3. Refresh Rate Changing Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh Rate Changing Problem: Hey, everybody. I have a problem about the screen refresh rate. So, I organize my refresh rate to 144 HZ but when I restrart the laptop it changes to 60 HZ automatically. It wasn't like this in the past. What should I do?Thanks beforehand....
  4. I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!

I'm not able to change refresh rate in my Windows 11!: I recently purchased a new high-performance monitor that supports up to 144Hz refresh rate. I want to ensure I’m utilizing its full potential for a smoother visual experience, especially for gaming and video editing. However, I'm not entirely sure how to change the refresh...
  5. Refresh rate changes automatically

Refresh rate changes automatically: My refresh rate changes to 60Hz automatically even after setting it as 40Hz when I restart or log in after sleep PC Specification: model: HP Victus, 512 SSD ROM , 8 GB Ram, Ryzen 5 5000H...
  6. Windows 11 Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Refresh Rate: I just built a new PC and installed Windows 11. My monitor and HDMI 2.1 cable are the same as what I was using with my previous PC which was Windows 10 and I was outputting 1080p @ 240 Hz on my old PC. My new PC does not have 1080p @ 240 Hz as an option in Advanced Display...
  7. Windows 11 Refresh Rate

Windows 11 Refresh Rate: I just built a new PC and installed Windows 11. My monitor and HDMI 2.1 cable are the same as what I was using with my previous PC which was Windows 10 and I was outputting 1080p @ 240 Hz on my old PC. My new PC does not have 1080p @ 240 Hz as an option in Advanced Display...
  8. Display refresh rate not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display refresh rate not changing: Hello, I am using the latest Windows 10 Home Single Language build for my ASUS TUF FX505DT ver: 20H2, build: 19042.906. My display is capable of upto 1920*1080 @120 Hz, and the default refresh rate options are 48 Hz and 120 Hz. I always switch to the choppy 48 Hz on battery...
  9. Windows Changing Refresh Rates of Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Changing Refresh Rates of Monitors: I have been searching for an answer to this for days and keep striking out. I recently added a high refresh rate monitor to my setup (165 Hz) and when just that monitor is connected, it works at the expected 165 Hz. As soon as I connect a second display (60 Hz) the refresh...
  10. Cannot change the refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change the refresh rate: Evening, ladies and gents. Can anyone point me on how do I change my refresh rate properly? In my graphics card settings it stands at 60Hz, but the display settings has 59Hz. I go into advanced settings, and change it from 59 to 60, click Apply, click OK, but the refresh...