Windows 10: I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer

Discus and support I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day everyone, First of all I want to tell again that I'm new here. Please don't go to harsh on me if I'm forgetting to include anything that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Renault R35, Aug 17, 2021.

1. I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer

Good day everyone, First of all I want to tell again that I'm new here. Please don't go to harsh on me if I'm forgetting to include anything that is important to help me solve my problem. It is a long story to tell, so please take your time to read carefully through all of this. The first time I wanted to use Blu-Ray discs to watch movies on my desktop computer, was when I realized that DVD discs. Which I did use very happily over the years and still used until recently, were outdated and I wanted to upgrade to a better quality. So I did purchase a Blu-Ray disc player on the internet that I could externally connect to my computer. And I thought that I just could be putting in those Blu-Ray discs and they would simply be playing like the DVD discs did with my computer. Apperently I was wrong, because the Blu-Ray discs couldn't be read by the player which I used. I used VLC Media Player. So I contacted my IT Company that I'm a customer of to help and solve the problem. I downloaded some files from VLC Media Player website, because there were some 'tweaks' needed to let the player play the Blu-Ray discs on my computer. But didn't work either. So I did contact my IT Company again. And after a long time, they did advice me the software PowerDVD to play my Blu-Ray discs. So I first downloaded the trial, it worked perfectly no problems whatsoever. But after purchasing the software. And using it again without problems for a short time period. A update popped up in a nice window in the right bottom corner of the screen. And as I had learned from watching a lot of video's such as The Pc Security Channel, I did upgrade the software just I was though to do by Cyberlink. From that moment, the problems and all the pain of solving them began. First of all I contacted customer support from Cyberlink, since I bought the software from them. So that was the first logical step. But I didn't came much further to a solution with that. Because I wasn't sure of some things they told me to do, I contacted my computer company once again to ask those things. And they said some of the things they told me to do would be even damaging my computer if I did them. So I didn't do them. Even after contacting my computer company again, the problem couldn't be solved then. Renstalling which the computer company suggested, didn't work. It didn't solved the problem. I'm wanting to solve this problem, because I'm wanting to watch the remaining Blu-Ray movies on disc I have on my computer. Because I'm enjoying this the most and it has the best screen quality. Help me please. Windows Version Number:

:)

Renault R35, Aug 17, 2021

2. Blu-ray Discs

When will you update being able to have a blu-ray player be recognized and play blu-ray discs? Or do you plan to NOT do it and reimburse us all for purchased discs? It's got to be one or the other.

James Wes Martin, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

I've been thinking of getting a Blu-Ray Optical drive and what I have seen is it would be best to get one that has the software with it for playing the Blu-Ray discs or burning to a Blu-Ray disc. I wouldn't need the movie creation part of the software as more interested in playing and data storage. Some of the available programs are not exactly cheap, running over $50 and considerably more.

Berton, Aug 17, 2021
  4. mobile1 Win User

I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer

Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer.

When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens.

Windows Media Player does not play it. Does it support Blu-Ray?

Can anyone tell me how to play it?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer

1. I'm not able to play Blu-Ray discs on my desktop computer - Similar Threads - I'm able play

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Blu-Ray disc support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  5. playing blu-ray disks on my computer

playing blu-ray disks on my computer: I have a blu-ray disk but i cant figure out how to play the blu-ray movie disks. Windows media player and MS Movies and TV dont play them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-blu-ray-disks-on-my-computer/f902dc72-d9a3-4959-b0b6-00c72449d6f0
  6. How to Play Blu-ray Disc on Windows 10 PC?

How to Play Blu-ray Disc on Windows 10 PC?: Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately, there are always...
  7. playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer

playing blu ray dvd in desktop computer: have dell desktop trying to play dvd doesn't recognize. Put disk doesn't play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-blu-ray-dvd-in-desktop-computer/641e461f-9772-4f0a-ae80-7677824caba6
  8. Copying video to Blu Ray Disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying video to Blu Ray Disc: Hi im trying to move or copy a MPEG2 video from PC to Blu Ray disc it just doesnt do it, for some reason , this error message may have something to do with it do i delete this desktop .ini file ? Thanks for your help ! [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?: I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer. When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens. Windows Media Player does not play it. Does it support Blu-Ray? Can anyone tell me how to play it? Thank you for your...
  10. How to play Blu-Rays

How to play Blu-Rays: I have 2 blu-ray burner drives on my system, one from Pioneer and one from LG. I have no problem with either of them for data disks or DVDs, but Blu-Rays have been a headache. I got CyberLink PowerDVD 10 with one of the drives, and that version is apparently incompatible...