Windows 10: I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find...

Discus and support I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yaghikarim [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yaghikarim, Nov 13, 2019.

1. I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find...

/u/yaghikarim, Nov 13, 2019

2. not able to open pdf

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you seeing any error messages?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you made any changes on your pc prior this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article to fix issues with

PDF files.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Issues with using Cortana and not able to open the option settings.

Hi Bry,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "do not get the options settings", are you referring to Cortana settings?
    • Are you getting any error message when you click on Cortana?
    • Are you able to use the search bar by tapping or pressing on Windows key and accessing search bar?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable search box through the Taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Cortana.

3. Then click on Show search box.

Also I recommend you to try to perform the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Note: Do not perform Reset steps for now.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Cortana on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 13, 2019
  4. I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find...

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find...

1. I'm not able to use Cortana and get this everytime I try to open it. Moreover, I cant find... - Similar Threads - I'm able Cortana

2. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  3. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  4. Cortana not able to open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  5. Cortana not able to open apps

Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  6. I keep getting err_timed_out everytime I try to use my browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting err_timed_out everytime I try to use my browser: I upgraded to windows 11 in March, and since then, I keep getting the same err_timed_out issue everytime I try to access a website on my browser. The o ly time I don't get is if I'm accessing YouTube. I've tried everything, but it's still not working. I have to spend at least...
  7. I keep getting err_timed_out everytime I try to use my browser

I keep getting err_timed_out everytime I try to use my browser: I upgraded to windows 11 in March, and since then, I keep getting the same err_timed_out issue everytime I try to access a website on my browser. The o ly time I don't get is if I'm accessing YouTube. I've tried everything, but it's still not working. I have to spend at least...
  8. Not able to use Cortana.

in Cortana
    Not able to use Cortana.: I am a Windows user from India. I am having a issue with Cortana. Whenever I open it to use, it use to say that the cortana is not available in English [India]. This is annoying for me. Please anyone help me to get rid of this issue....
  9. I'm trying to get Minecraft for Windows 10 cant find device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to get Minecraft for Windows 10 cant find device.: I'm trying to get Minecraft for Windows 10 and when i try to download it it says "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." I think I need to try to download the...
  10. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.: I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?...