Windows 10: I'm not given the option to extend my volume!

Discus and support I'm not given the option to extend my volume! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, so I have a 3TB Seagate BUP BK External Harddrive, I recently partitioned it for some Ubuntu action. Problem is, I got rid of all the Ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dragonykz, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Dragonykz Win User

I'm not given the option to extend my volume!

Okay, so I have a 3TB Seagate BUP BK External Harddrive, I recently partitioned it for some Ubuntu action. Problem is, I got rid of all the Ubuntu leftovers and now i'm not able to reunite the two parts on my HDD.

However, I can do whatever the hell I want with the other two terabytes. I can partition, extend, and manipulate it however I want.

I'm not given the option to extend my volume! [​IMG]

:)

Dragonykz, Nov 2, 2015

2. How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

Can anyone help? I want to extend the volume space in OS installed drive, but the Extend volume option in not appearing. For other drives it's working perfectly. How to extend my C: Drive volume?

Smruti Ranjan, Nov 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I'm unable to extend volume.

Glad to help, if you have any more questions, please contact us here at MS Community!

DaveM121, Nov 2, 2015
  4. I'm not given the option to extend my volume!

When that happens it means there are some Ubuntu partitions left. Delete the Ubuntu drive, then extends your main drive.

AbAppletic, Nov 2, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Looks like you still have a drive letter F: assigned. First, I would use MiniTool Partition Wizard - much better than Windows disk management:

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

Remove any left over drive letters from the "unallocated space", make sure there isn't really a partition there that windows can't see, like an ext type file system, then you should be able to extend your existing partition.

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Dragonykz Win User
    So, I'm slightly more computer literate than the average Joe, but i'm more of an 'Open up a computer and replace everything' kinda guy. So, if you wouldn't mind explaining this, that'd be great. (Ugh, i'm so stupid.)

Dragonykz, Nov 2, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Your HD was initialized with MBR partition scheme and only support partition ~2TB Max. You need to convert it as GPT disk.

topgundcp, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Dragonykz Win User

Okay, you will have to dumb things down for me. Like I said, I'm only *slightly* more computer literate than the average person.

Dragonykz, Nov 2, 2015
  9. Dragonykz Win User
    Okay, i'm so stupid
    I got it.
    Ugh, kill me now. I owe it to you guys who helped.
    Fixed!

Dragonykz, Nov 2, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oh, wow, great catch!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I'm not given the option to extend my volume! - Similar Threads - I'm given option

2. Cannot extend volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot extend volume: Why can't I can't extend my C: volume? I have enough free space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-extend-volume/986632a4-bb13-4ecf-a6d1-bec2eaecb307
  3. extending a volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extending a volume: the volume i am currently on c: try to extend using the 11.72 gb unallocated space. it doesnt seem to work, though i can extend 'osdisk' fineproblem is not that i am using the drive because even when i boot off a usb and go to diskpart still no workthank you...
  4. extending a volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extending a volume: the volume i am currently on c: try to extend using the 11.72 gb unallocated space. it doesnt seem to work, though i can extend 'osdisk' fineproblem is not that i am using the drive because even when i boot off a usb and go to diskpart still no workthank you...
  5. extending a volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Extend volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend volume: I'm want to extend my c: drive but having issues. Here is a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume/48060d35-90da-4229-8748-ea749516cd30
  7. Extend volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume: I'm want to extend my c: drive but having issues. Here is a screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume/48060d35-90da-4229-8748-ea749516cd30
  8. Extend volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Extend Volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume: So i just partitioned my flash drive since i used it as a bootable drive and now i can no longer extend the volume even if i already deleted the volume of the partition that i just created...
  10. extend volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extend volume: how do i extend volume c[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume/1ca80719-8e40-4a58-ac61-c853a48c441a