Windows 10: I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

Discus and support I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ayeshasuhail, Jan 15, 2020.

1. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are:

• Read

• List Folder Contents

• Read and Execute

Funny enough, these are for the local account, the administrator account has zero. Clicking Edit grays out all the possible places where I can change permissions. What do? Fresh Install via USB 6 weeks ago.

submitted by /u/ayeshasuhail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ayeshasuhail, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Jan 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 15, 2020
  4. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

administrator account

We suggest that you enable the hidden administrator in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe). Kindly download the ISO file provided on this

link
    and create a bootable media.

Once you're done creating an installation media, follow the steps below to access WinRe.

• Insert the installation media.
    • Reboot your computer.
    • Press any key to proceed when prompted.
    • On the Install Now window, click Repair your computer.
    • Choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Click Command Prompt.
    • On the Command Prompt, type this command:

Net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the Command Prompt.
    Once you're done with the steps, reboot your computer and log in using the hidden administrator that you have enabled. Create a new user account or set your main account as Administrator, then delete the hidden administrator.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

1. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account. - Similar Threads - I'm own computer's

2. I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...: I'm in the "Administrators group" and the only account on my PC as listed in netpliwz but it said that i do not have permission to perform this task and to contact my computer admin for help.The story was that I received a notification that my time zone have been changed...
  3. I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...: I'm in the "Administrators group" and the only account on my PC as listed in netpliwz but it said that i do not have permission to perform this task and to contact my computer admin for help.The story was that I received a notification that my time zone have been changed...
  4. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  5. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  6. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I'm no longer administrator of my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm no longer administrator of my account?: When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not administrator of my own account?. This is really frustrating because when i customize my wallpaper/theme every time I close it , it...
  8. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!: I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite trying both of these options, neither of them is allowing me to action the changes and still advising I require administrator...
  9. not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not administrator on my own pc with only 1 account attached to it i should be administrator...: ok the problem i have is that i am the only person only account only user file on my pc so no one else has an account connected to it no other user's just my users is the only userif you haven't worked out by now that i am the only user only person that uses the pc you should...
  10. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.: I can't download anything or open command prompt. Not sure when or why this happened. I am the only user and i bought the computer brand new....