Windows 10: I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

Discus and support I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ayeshasuhail, Jan 15, 2020.

1. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

The other day I had to make some changes to the hosts file under /System32/Drivers. That's when Windows told me I don't have the privileges. Under the security tab, the only permissions I have are:

• Read

• List Folder Contents

• Read and Execute

Funny enough, these are for the local account, the administrator account has zero. Clicking Edit grays out all the possible places where I can change permissions. What do? Fresh Install via USB 6 weeks ago.

submitted by /u/ayeshasuhail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ayeshasuhail, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Snake05 Win User

Boot into Windows as administrator

You set up the admin password when installing XP, but most the time people believe it is for their individual account and not the Administrator one. As for Vista, like stated before, the initial account created is an administrator account, and if necessary, you may need to right click certain programs to "Run as Administrator"

Snake05, Jan 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Network Administrator

General info --> Network administrator

You may be better off looking at the job descriptions for some of the businesses you wish to do the job for; as, some companies have varying duties and requirements.

This is a sample at Monster.com:
    Spoiler
    This is another sample from America's Job Exchange:

Spoiler

95Viper, Jan 15, 2020
  4. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

administrator account

We suggest that you enable the hidden administrator in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe). Kindly download the ISO file provided on this

link
    and create a bootable media.

Once you're done creating an installation media, follow the steps below to access WinRe.

• Insert the installation media.
    • Reboot your computer.
    • Press any key to proceed when prompted.
    • On the Install Now window, click Repair your computer.
    • Choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Click Command Prompt.
    • On the Command Prompt, type this command:

Net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the Command Prompt.
    Once you're done with the steps, reboot your computer and log in using the hidden administrator that you have enabled. Create a new user account or set your main account as Administrator, then delete the hidden administrator.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account.

1. I'm not my own computer's Administrator despite being the only `Administrator` Account. - Similar Threads - I'm own computer's

2. Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer.: I can't download anything or open command prompt. Not sure when or why this happened. I am the only user and i bought the computer brand new....
  3. I'm no longer an Administrator

I'm no longer an Administrator: I'm logging in with my main microsoft account and my user is the only user and it's an Administrator, but Suddenly I lost my right as an Administrator and my account now is guist account, I cant instal apps or running cmd [ATTACH]...
  4. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....
  5. My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...: So I have an administrator account (an email) on my computer. I vaguely remember making it my administrator account, VAGUELY. its my school account, heres the funny part, my school uses GMAIL, but it says its a microsoft account (it's not, 100%). I tried the password for it...
  6. trying to delete an administrator account due to it not being the correct administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to delete an administrator account due to it not being the correct administrator.: I had someone clear my machine and start from scratch they put themselves as the administrator and i am trying to change things but dont know my friends password to delete him him so what do i do...
  7. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??: Recently the PC's been saying I need Administrator's permission before saving a file into certain folders I've already created. I'm the only user and don't recall setting up any security guidelines on this. I'm not the type to wander through the entrails of my PC checking...
  8. I am no longer administrator on my own computer

I am no longer administrator on my own computer: While trying to make my computer more user friendly and stop it from asking permission from administrator to do certain things, I accidentally turned off my administrator rights. I know the admin password but every time it says to enter the admin password there is no place to...
  9. Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help: My only account isn't an 'administrator': I recently downloaded Windows 10. For some reason, my account on the computer --which is the only account on the computer-- is a 'standard account'. Because of this, I can't download or make some important changes that I need to make. I admit that I'm not computer savvy, but...
  10. CCleaner only scanning the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner only scanning the administrator account.: I have a separate standard user account that I mainly operate from and I've noticed that CCleaner only scans the administrator account. Can I enable CCleaner to scan for things it normally would for other user accounts without having to manually add folders to scan etc? 77039