Windows 10: Im not sure if i got the October/November update

Discus and support Im not sure if i got the October/November update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so I checked for updates, saw it download, install etc. but nothing happened it just disappeared when it got to 100 was I supposed to be prompted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Speedysparrow55, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Im not sure if i got the October/November update

so I checked for updates, saw it download, install etc. but nothing happened it just disappeared when it got to 100

was I supposed to be prompted to restart?

i don't see any of the new features either

:)

Speedysparrow55, Nov 20, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Nov 20, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Im not sure if i got the October/November update

How to get november update

Hi Suman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or code while try to check for updates?
    From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates for November.

Kindly follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
    Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Im not sure if i got the October/November update

1. Im not sure if i got the October/November update - Similar Threads - sure got October

2. Not sure if got the new windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if got the new windows update.: Hey,So couple of days ago I got the 23H2 update and tried to download it but it failed twice and than disappeared.When I check my update history it shows that the last feature update is 22H2, but the version in the about section is 23H2, how can I check if I got the update?...
  3. Not sure if got the new windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure if got the new windows update.: Hey,So couple of days ago I got the 23H2 update and tried to download it but it failed twice and than disappeared.When I check my update history it shows that the last feature update is 22H2, but the version in the about section is 23H2, how can I check if I got the update?...
  4. im making sure if i had all latest windows updates installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im making sure if i had all latest windows updates installed: after i downloaded Create Windows 11 Installation Media, then i cleaned reinstalled windows 11, then i installed all Dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 drivers not microsoft drivers, then i restarted pc then i manually checked for windows updates then it downloaded and installed...
  5. October/November 2020 update version 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October/November 2020 update version 20H2: After updating to the latest major update on two windows 10 laptops the sound from the built-in speakers is very faint. In applications, in the browser, everywhere. Sound in the headphones is as before, no issue there. Troubleshooter finds no issue. I have updated the audio...
  6. Got Hacked? I sure did.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got Hacked? I sure did.: So I clicked on the WRONG VIDEO in YOuTube, and... HACKED! I now 'live in Sweden.' So I tried to get through to MS 'Security,' and... VOILA! Nothing. NO one. I'm sure that the Trumpfing Hacker is reading this in Sweden and laughing his head off now. I"ve changed my...
  7. My pc was running yesterday but when i got on today it hit me with this and im not sure...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc was running yesterday but when i got on today it hit me with this and im not sure...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/anthonyy55 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkn3ol/my_pc_was_running_yesterday_but_when_i_got_on/
  8. Unable to Access (D:): Drive Since October/November Update 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access (D:): Drive Since October/November Update 2019: Hi everyone! Recently I updated my laptop to the latest version of windows, however I have run into a few issues since the update. I discovered the issues while trying to open and run a game through steam and I found that nothing was working due to the location I had...
  9. Feature update in October or November 19?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update in October or November 19?: As we move towards almost 6 months since the last feature update to 1903 I am wondering if we are due another one soon in October or November? Or has MS finally seen sense to reduce their frequency? I’ve seen no mentions of a feature update incoming and normally this forum is...
  10. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now expected to arrive in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now expected to arrive in November: Windows 10 October 2018 Update was originally released on October 2 and it was part of the company’s ongoing effort to service Windows 10 with two major releases every year. Today, we are at the beginning of November and October has ended but there’s still no October update....