Windows 10: im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder

Discus and support im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JvanReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y4nyze/im_not_sure_why_but_i_have_a_duplicated/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JvanReddit, Oct 15, 2022.

1. im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder

/u/JvanReddit, Oct 15, 2022

2. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 15, 2022
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Oct 15, 2022
  4. im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Oct 15, 2022
Thema:

im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder

1. im not sure why but i have a duplicated "Screenshots" folder - Similar Threads - sure why duplicated

2. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10: I have searched and the remedy is so complicated and do not have the time or incling to attempt.Also I have been HOUNDED to upgrade to win 11 and do not want to do this...my computor does not have enough space in any case. I have the option and do not want to upgrade... when...
  3. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10: I have searched and the remedy is so complicated and do not have the time or incling to attempt.Also I have been HOUNDED to upgrade to win 11 and do not want to do this...my computor does not have enough space in any case. I have the option and do not want to upgrade... when...
  4. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Im having black screens and i have no idea why...

Im having black screens and i have no idea why...: Ive recently updated my drivers, re-installed them, checked my memory and I'm still having issues. I need help!! It usually happens while either playing a video game or editing, but sometimes it even happens while reading or writing something....
  6. Screenshots and screenshot folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots and screenshot folder: HI I want to take a screenshot using the windows key and print screen but it doesn't seem to be working and I can't find a screenshot folder in pictures... any advice would be appreciated?...
  7. Why is the user folder duplicating everything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the user folder duplicating everything?: Just got a new laptop, moved old files over to the D: drive to save space on C: drive. And it promptly copied all of my pics and such into my user folder on C: drive, taking up twice as much space. WHY did this happen?...
  8. BSOD- Continuous Bsods and im not sure why or what to do

BSOD- Continuous Bsods and im not sure why or what to do: Windows version 1909 DESKTOP-GEUQREG-(2020-05-06_00-36-00).zip My computer keeps blue screening during seemingly normal use. Im not sure what else to provide other than that 155781
  9. im not sure if i just signed up for something tar i have to pay for

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    im not sure if i just signed up for something tar i have to pay for: I don't know if I just signed up for something I have to pay for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/im-not-sure-if-i-just-signed-up-for-something-tar/27fea27e-23ff-4784-b821-64407fc0b666
  10. I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer: One way or the other I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer when I do a 'File->Open" Maybe it has to do with using a tablet and Outlook for Android and OneDrive on Android? Or having additional 2 VM's (with OneDrive)? I don't know... But... what I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY SCREESHOTS DUAPLICATE ON PC FOLDER