Windows 10: I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps.

Discus and support I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I previously reset my computer, using the keep my files option and it completed successfully but, I now cannot open any apps, like Microsoft Store,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Noah Bidgood, Jan 9, 2021.

1. I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps.

I previously reset my computer, using the keep my files option and it completed successfully but, I now cannot open any apps, like Microsoft Store, Photos, Camera or even Microsoft Edge Legacy. I had to use IE to download and install Microsoft Edge Chromium.

I've tried other things, like the steps in this question. I also cannot use PowerShell as I'm on S Mode and to get out of S Mode, I have to use the Microsoft Store. I'm thinking of backing up my computer, as this is a shared laptop with other user profiles and I'm not sure if I restore from backup, it will still have the user profiles and files, but I'm concerned that since it is restoring, it will still have the same issues with Microsoft Store.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Noah Bidgood

:)

Noah Bidgood, Jan 9, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User
    P4-630, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps.

1. I'm on Windows 10 in S Mode and I cant open Microsoft Store, or any pre-installed apps. - Similar Threads - I'm Mode cant

2. I cant open any microsoft store app .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open any microsoft store app .: When ever I try to open something in the store it tells :"Page could not be loaded . Please try again"Please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-microsoft-store-app/1958495f-e530-4998-b969-e6754e8d6e72
  3. I cant open any microsoft store app .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open any microsoft store app .: When ever I try to open something in the store it tells :"Page could not be loaded . Please try again"Please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-microsoft-store-app/1958495f-e530-4998-b969-e6754e8d6e72
  4. I cant open an app in microsoft store and i cant install an appx app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open an app in microsoft store and i cant install an appx app: as i have said in the title, i could not open an app in microsoft store. I can search in the microsoft store but when i click an app, it crashes. For the appx problem, i could download an appx from the internet but i can install it, its say "error in parsing the app...
  5. I cant open an app in microsoft store and i cant install an appx app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open an app in microsoft store and i cant install an appx app: as i have said in the title, i could not open an app in microsoft store. I can search in the microsoft store but when i click an app, it crashes. For the appx problem, i could download an appx from the internet but i can install it, its say "error in parsing the app...
  6. I cant open any of the microsoft store apps or windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open any of the microsoft store apps or windows 10 apps: It started about a week ago when i suddenly couldnt open my mail, i tried to reinstall it and once i removed the mail app i couldnt open my microsoft store anymore.Atm i cant open any of the windows apps and ive tried every thing i found online.Reinstalled windows a few...
  7. I cant install any app rather than microsoft app store????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant install any app rather than microsoft app store????: I m not able to install blue j which i recently downloaded whenever i try to install it a dailogue box appears that "the system administrator has set pollicies to prevent installation" how do install it???????????...
  8. Cant install any app through the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install any app through the microsoft store: No app will install on the microsoft store. Whenever I click install on an app, it comes up with a window that asks me which drive I want to install it onto, but when i select a drive and hit install and nothing happens. I tried restarting the delivery optimization service...
  9. Cant install any apps from the microsoft store

Cant install any apps from the microsoft store: [ATTACH] it cant read my system specifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-any-apps-from-the-microsoft-store/03282ca0-b68b-4f4b-b9b3-e2be41b655e5"
  10. MICROSOFT STORE CANT INSTALL ANY APP

MICROSOFT STORE CANT INSTALL ANY APP: So.. Ive had this problem for months and i couldnt find any fix like 0 i tried resetting microsoft store putting weird commands in powershell and so on! My problem is that when i go in my Store first of all 1. My language is in french and i have no idea why everything...