Windows 10: I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

Discus and support I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have this old laptop I like to use to game, and I havent used it in like a year. I've forgotten my pin for it and have tried everything that I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by strabzz, Apr 23, 2023.

1. strabzz Win User

I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

I have this old laptop I like to use to game, and I havent used it in like a year. I've forgotten my pin for it and have tried everything that I remember being the pin. I was being dumb and am now at the point where my computer is locking me out for 2 hours at a time. The password option also doesn't work. I reset my password outside of the computer using my phone and that new password doesnt work. I forgot the password to my microsoft account so I reset it. I've also tried most of the old passwords I used. Now my laptop is saying it needs the pin to even sign in. I don't know what to do. Is t

:)

strabzz, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Apr 23, 2023
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Apr 23, 2023
  4. I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Apr 23, 2023
Thema:

I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

1. I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do... - Similar Threads - I'm pretty much

2. I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.: I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop. I thought it was playing up, so I made the mistake of resetting it. Now I can not access the internet on it. It was a WiFi problem. Now I'm back on my old Windows8.1. I'm 84yrs old, living on my own and taught myself to use these...
  3. I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...: I have this old laptop I like to use to game, and I havent used it in like a year. I've forgotten my pin for it and have tried everything that I remember being the pin. I was being dumb and am now at the point where my computer is locking me out for 2 hours at a time. The...
  4. I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm pretty much locked out of my old laptop and would like to sign in but everything I do...: I have this old laptop I like to use to game, and I havent used it in like a year. I've forgotten my pin for it and have tried everything that I remember being the pin. I was being dumb and am now at the point where my computer is locking me out for 2 hours at a time. The...
  5. Cant access pretty much everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access pretty much everything.: Please help me. My computer says I have a system administrator restricting me from pretty much everything even though its my personal computer and only belongs to me. I have tried everything. I cant even change browser settings, change any of my passwords, view a lot of...
  6. Cant access pretty much everything.

Cant access pretty much everything.: Please help me. My computer says I have a system administrator restricting me from pretty much everything even though its my personal computer and only belongs to me. I have tried everything. I cant even change browser settings, change any of my passwords, view a lot of...
  7. Cant access pretty much everything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Laptop pretty much dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop pretty much dead: So, I turned my laptop Dell Studio 1745 on for the first time in a couple of months and was using it happily, but it suddenly blue screened I assume an update?. It then refused to boot along with artifact bars on the screen as if the graphics card or screen had suddenly...
  9. Laptop pretty much dead

Laptop pretty much dead: So, I turned my laptop Dell Studio 1745 on for the first time in a couple of months and was using it happily, but it suddenly blue screened I assume an update?. It then refused to boot along with artifact bars on the screen as if the graphics card or screen had suddenly...
  10. Laptop pretty much dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging