Windows 10: I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

Discus and support I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I had an issue for a while on my computer. I finally looked it up, and the issue could be fixed by a chkdsk. It failed, and then I was in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TitusClifton, Nov 21, 2018.

1. I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

So, I had an issue for a while on my computer. I finally looked it up, and the issue could be fixed by a chkdsk.

It failed, and then I was in a recovery loop. I looked through the cmd prompt (which was the only thing I could use), and found that the boot had an issue. The computer wouldn't let me fix it, so I gave up and got a recovery drive, because that was the only thing I didn't do yet. And the instructions said to start the usb things first, so I set that up...

I plugged in the drive, and I turned it on. The power button lit up...

The drive was getting power, but the keyboard and mouse weren't getting signal.

No picture. And I can't do anything.

It stayed this way for two days.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the boot not working.

... Is that it for my computer? Anything I can do to get at least the recovery loop back?

:)

TitusClifton, Nov 21, 2018

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Pretty sure Windows 10 fried my SSD

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You may also update the motherboard chipset drivers to check if that helps.

Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manager.
    • Select “Processors” and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the “chipset driver” icon and click on
      Update
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Further, I suggest you to perform a Clean install of Windows on the current SSD using an ISO file and check if the issue gets resolved. Further you can go for a disk change.
    Refer the thread link below for steps to perform a Clean install.

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Note: For activation issues after the installation you may contact the phone activation support.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 21, 2018
  4. I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

Issues with Radeon 7400 M graphics in windows 10

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the post. The problem seems to be from Microsoft . I have followed below steps

• I have downloaded the software Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL from http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/
    • I have unistalled all my graphics softwares and drivers related to radeon 7400 M.
    • The Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL contains both intel and radeon drivers. So install intel drivers and reboot.
    • install radeon drivers and reboot.
    Now my system seems to be perfectly fine and no issues with drivers. Booting normally with out any issues. I turned on windows update and 7400 M drivers automatically installed from Microsoft.

After the reboot again the same problem. Now I am not sure how can I disable to download only 7400 M updates keeping all other updates on.

kindly suggest.

ShashikanthSrinivas, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

1. I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer... - Similar Threads - I'm pretty sure

2. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  3. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  4. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  6. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  7. i just bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i just bricked my pc: I had an issue that started happening only a day ago. I'm not super tech literate and I got frustrated when all of my apps kept crashing. I figured out that it was a weird windows update error. I installed the update and it cause my D: drive to not be recognized, so I did...
  8. How do I regain permissions? I’m pretty sure I just handed my computer to a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain permissions? I’m pretty sure I just handed my computer to a virus: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bllbo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fy8jqm/how_do_i_regain_permissions_im_pretty_sure_i_just/
  9. I can't tell if it's right or wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer is 18.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't tell if it's right or wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer is 18.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vamshi_Goud [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtid83/i_cant_tell_if_its_right_or_wrong_but_im_pretty/
  10. Windows 10 key invalid, i'm pretty sure it is valid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 key invalid, i'm pretty sure it is valid: I just installed windows 10 pro on my computer and had a key, so i go to put it in but its invalid. I put in the code it says do you want to active win10 i click yes it starts to active and then says its invalid, I've tried trouble shooting, reentering the code, nothing I've...