Windows 10: I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but...

Discus and support I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SamRose101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0ez6r/im_pretty_sure_this_is_fake_because_i_keep/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamRose101, Nov 24, 2020.

1. I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but...

/u/SamRose101, Nov 24, 2020

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Pop Up security warning

Good that you didn't click on anything and that you didn't call that number. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, Nov 24, 2020
  4. I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but...

Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you download and install any program/application from the internet?
    • When does the pop-up appear on the PC screen?
    • Did you check if the pop-up appears when the PC is booted in Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the presence of any third party applications conflicting with Windows 10 operating system. When some of the programs are installed on the PC, additional programs that come along will disturb the normal performance
    of the system. I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but...

1. I’m pretty sure this is fake because I keep getting stupid pop ups that make no sense but... - Similar Threads - I’m pretty sure

2. this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake...: this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake considering im signed into microsoft but im unsure. can someone help me out, if you need any more information ill try to give more info on this...
  3. this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake...: this showed up on my screen while i was playing VRC, im pretty sure it may be fake considering im signed into microsoft but im unsure. can someone help me out, if you need any more information ill try to give more info on this...
  4. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up: I am getting the Windows "Making sure it's you" Pop up on one specific application. The software is called mSecure. I did notice it does not show up in the program and features listing.I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy 360 convertible....
  5. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up: I am getting the Windows "Making sure it's you" Pop up on one specific application. The software is called mSecure. I did notice it does not show up in the program and features listing.I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy 360 convertible....
  6. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fake Pop-ups.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake Pop-ups.: I've been getting pop-ups from a website called youtubecenter.net, and it says I have a virus. I tried scanning my device through Windows Security and it said that I didn't have any. Is there a way I can remove these pop-ups? I've looked at some other posts saying that they...
  8. Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up.: Hi How do I stop the - Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up. I get this Pop up and then it closes the browser. SOOOOO ANNOYING Anyone have a remedy? ? ? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...
  9. I’m very confused. My computer has been extremely slow lately and this I’m pretty sure is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m very confused. My computer has been extremely slow lately and this I’m pretty sure is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheColorDown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuvofw/im_very_confused_my_computer_has_been_extremely/
  10. How do I get rid of fake Norton pop ups?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of fake Norton pop ups?: I started getting these fake Norton pop ups how do I get rid of them please help submitted by /u/awesomebrett57 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy9l8t/how_do_i_get_rid_of_fake_norton_pop_ups/