Windows 10: I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

Discus and support I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've listed as much info as I can on my profile, but chromebook 3, I could not find the motherboard info, or much of the other info on your list. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Goldengirl52, Sep 5, 2019.

1. I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

I've listed as much info as I can on my profile, but chromebook 3, I could not find the motherboard info, or much of the other info on your list.

I listed my PC info, Windows 10, that's a breeze, and one reason I want to get rid of Chrome OS, without getting rid of the tablet, and spending more on a Windows tablet.

So I've been using your tutorial which I believe is absolutely trustworthy but on my end, I continually ran into a roadblocks (see attached photo please). I think I'll start from scratch because it's overwhelming to explain all I've tried.

First, I'll just ask if I will be able to replace Chrome OS with Windows 10?

Second, where can I download what I need to make a bootable USB Device (I have a thumb drive, and an SD Card)?

Here is the snip I took of the error message I got each of the 3 times I failed to create the tool. No issue downloading the Media Tool exe file, just went all the way to 100% and then gave the error below. Thanks in advance for any help:

I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Goldengirl52, Sep 5, 2019

2. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

CharlesHanebuth, Sep 5, 2019
  3. School chromebook os

Hi Keisha

Could you describe the problem in further detail.

Windows 10 cannot be installed on most ChromeBooks and its usually not permitted to install your own personal copy of Windows on school property if the option is available.

Chromebooks are engineered to run Chrome OS from Google. Future notebooks that are Chromebooks will come with the option to install Windows.

You should consider contacting your school administrator for assistance.

Andre for Directly, Sep 5, 2019
  4. I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

* Merged

Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

CharlesHanebuth, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10

1. I'm replacing (trying) Chrome OS on Chromebook w/Windows 10 - Similar Threads - I'm replacing trying

2. Changing Chrome OS to Windows 10 OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Chrome OS to Windows 10 OS?: Where would the new Drivers be located for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-chrome-os-to-windows-10-os/6590ca4e-26e5-4247-a0f2-37f402100bcc
  3. Chromebook To Windows 10

Chromebook To Windows 10: I wanted to ask if i can get windows 10 on my chromebook. Is there a way to install it without disc or USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromebook-to-windows-10/a32a58e4-702a-49f9-a2d4-13f45a5b5f83
  4. Windows 10 on Chromebook

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on Chromebook: Anyone know if it's possible to run Windows 10 on the HP Chromebook 14 CA052WM? submitted by /u/PhenomenalBlaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/evb0rh/windows_10_on_chromebook/
  5. What is new in Chrome OS 79 for Chromebook - Dec. 17

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Chrome OS 79 for Chromebook - Dec. 17: With the latest Chrome OS update, we’re continuing to make Chromebook secure, fast and intuitively simple. Now you can control your music or podcasts from the lock screen, and manage your privacy settings across apps more easily. Control music at a glance The latest Chrome...
  6. What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Chrome OS for Chromebook: One of the best parts of Chromebooks is that every new version of Chrome OS brings dozens of improvements to keep your device safe, fast and hassle-free. The latest version of Chrome OS includes tools to help you organize your workspace, make phone calls more easily, and...
  7. Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook

in Windows 10 News
    Google introduces Chrome OS 77 for Chromebook: Hello Chromebook Community, You should soon see an update on your device for Chrome OS 77! As part of this new release, here’s a list of new features and changes you’ll notice when you update to this new version of Chrome. Manage your Media Have you ever struggled to...
  8. Onedrive storing in bestanden op Lenovo chromebook met Chrome OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive storing in bestanden op Lenovo chromebook met Chrome OS: Dag mensen, Ik heb onlangs een Lenovo Chroombook gekocht. Via bestanden kan ik naar Onedrive bestanden toe. Helaas werkt de koppeling naar de Onedrive bestanden zelden tot nooit. De Onedrive app heb ik ginstalleerd en die opent hij niet, nooit gelukt! Als ik via chrome en...
  9. Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?

Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it?: Replace Chrome OS with Windows 10. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-chrome-os-with-windows-10-how-do-i-do-it/c1f61d9e-8866-49a9-a747-8279b50b5d68
  10. How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?

How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS?: How do I install Window 10 on a Chromebook machine to replace Chrome OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-window-10-on-a-chromebook-machine/6d5787a6-7084-4f0c-9198-3e486fed40ae