Windows 10: I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

Discus and support I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I attempt to perform hardware diagnostic, that's when "No Hardware Drive" appears. The only hard drive installed is internal. Attempts to Reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Payitforword88888, Apr 16, 2024.

1. I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

When I attempt to perform hardware diagnostic, that's when "No Hardware Drive" appears. The only hard drive installed is internal. Attempts to Reset Computer and reinstall Windows also fail. The desktop is HP.

:)

Payitforword88888, Apr 16, 2024

2. Unable to boot the device running Windows 10

Hi Don,

As you are unable to boot the device running Windows 10, provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "the laptop will not open"?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue. Please be informed that there is a power supply to your device.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform automatic repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try automatic repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Dell Starts Shipping Windows 10 Devices

Nice! We will start seeing devices being sold with Windows 10 in 2016, or December this year around here if we are lucky...

LOL!

Blue-Knight, Apr 16, 2024
  4. I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

1. I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"... - Similar Threads - I'm running start

2. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD WD SA510 2.5 500gb and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen...
  3. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data...
  4. No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Bootable Devices Found error after Windows starts to run: Hello All,I have upgraded my Dell Latitute 5580 pc from HDD to SSD and installed Windows 10 by using USB installation media. Everything went well until this step and Windows started to work as expected. But while Windows is running, the PC gave Blue Screen with Kernel Data...
  5. I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...: When I attempt to perform hardware diagnostic, that's when "No Hardware Drive" appears. The only hard drive installed is internal. Attempts to Reset Computer and reinstall Windows also fail. The desktop is HP....
  6. I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...

I'm running Windows 10. When I start the desktop, in addition to"Boot Device Not Found,"...: When I attempt to perform hardware diagnostic, that's when "No Hardware Drive" appears. The only hard drive installed is internal. Attempts to Reset Computer and reinstall Windows also fail. The desktop is HP....
  7. When i run Userbenchmark, i get "No direct3d device found"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i run Userbenchmark, i get "No direct3d device found": What i mean by this, is that when i run that benchmark program, and its on the time when it test's the GPU, it says "No Direct3d device found".I searched the whole internet but it didnt really work out. I have a laptop: Dell Latitude E5430specs: CPU: Intel i7 3520M RAM: 4 GB...
  8. When i run Userbenchmark, i get "No direct3d device found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i run Userbenchmark, i get "No direct3d device found": What i mean by this, is that when i run that benchmark program, and its on the time when it test's the GPU, it says "No Direct3d device found".I searched the whole internet but it didnt really work out. I have a laptop: Dell Latitude E5430specs: CPU: Intel i7 3520M RAM: 4 GB...
  9. When i run Userbenchmark, i get "No direct3d device found"

10. WINDOWS 10 START PROBLEM ; " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 START PROBLEM ; " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND": After Updating BIOS IN MY WINDOWS 10 PRO Acer Aspire VN7 got the message " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND ". How can I fix this problem. iT DOESNT OPEN WINDOWS 10 ....