Windows 10: im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...

Discus and support im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i dont know how to fix it but whenever i plug it into another computer thats practicly the same it dosent show up either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaison drain, Nov 24, 2022.

1. im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...

i dont know how to fix it but whenever i plug it into another computer thats practicly the same it dosent show up either

:)

jaison drain, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer... :p

Frick, Nov 24, 2022
  4. geno368 Win User

im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...

1. im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer... - Similar Threads - running whenever plug

2. My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2.0TB HDD is not showing up in Explorer. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as...: My WD 2.0TB Harddisk is not showing up on Windows Explorer as an externally connected harddisk. In Windows Disk Management, it is showing up as: Healthy GPT Protective Partition, Disk 5 Basic 16388.00GB, Onlinesee picture. No drive letter, and the window to assign...
  3. im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im running windows and whenever i plug in another hdd it dosent show up in file explorer...: i dont know how to fix it but whenever i plug it into another computer thats practicly the same it dosent show up either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-running-windows-and-whenever-i-plug-in-another/123c66c7-1c6e-4c11-822a-25dfc2c476a4
  4. Taskbar Dosent show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Dosent show up: Hi world.I have set my taskbar to automatically hide itself, and would like to continue using it. I have a problem though. I have to press the windows key to make it appear again, compared to what i usually do, which is bring my cursor down the screen where the taskbar...
  5. Taskbar Dosent show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Dosent show up: Hi world.I have set my taskbar to automatically hide itself, and would like to continue using it. I have a problem though. I have to press the windows key to make it appear again, compared to what i usually do, which is bring my cursor down the screen where the taskbar...
  6. File Explorer will not show External HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will not show External HDD: I have the latest updated windows 10 and I'm trying to access an External HDD that I was able to format for reuse. However, it will not show in file explorer. I've experimented and found that it does show in Disk Management and Device Manager, but I'm unable to access in...
  7. hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...

hdd showing up as folder on another hdd. How do I get the hdd back to show up as a hdd on...: I have a SSD with partitions C:and D: on it. I also have another hdd with partitions M: and O: on it. The drive M: now shows up as a folder m on drive O: How do I get it back as a seperate partitiom m:...
  8. HDD not showing in Explorer

HDD not showing in Explorer: Hello, I have an old laptop that doesn't have Windows on it. I wanted to put Windows on it by making a Bootable USB, but that didn't work. Then I tried to put Windows on the HDD of my old laptop with a SATA / USB cable and I have a problem with this. My new laptop is not...
  9. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  10. External HDD showing twice in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD showing twice in file explorer: My external drive(Samsung) connected via usb3 has started showing twice in file explorer. Opening either shows exactly the same files inside. Screen shot below, I've never tried this so I hope I've done it OK Any help with removing the "imposter" would be appreciated....