Windows 10: I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player

Discus and support I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It keeps popping up over and over and over and I'm getting sick of it. The program works just fine yet it's still asking me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewKim_4326, Sep 9, 2020.

1. I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player

I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player ff046beb-f64b-4ac1-9a41-9ae5b22fe21f?upload=true.png

It keeps popping up over and over and over and I'm getting sick of it. The program works just fine yet it's still asking me to "troubleshoot". I suspect this is the work of a virus that slipped past my defenses.

:)

AndrewKim_4326, Sep 9, 2020
  2. JoshJ_ZA Win User

Groove and Media Player not playing music / not recognising audio formats (M-Audio M-Track Drivers) (SOLVED!)

Posted on 25 Dec 2019

Device: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd0xxx

BACKGROUND:

Purchased brand new laptop on 24 Dec 2019. It came with Windows 10 Home, and I upgraded it to Pro on the same day via Win10's settings (Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation). After it upgraded, I started installing some basic necessities
    (drivers for my hardware). I'm an amateur music producer and a pair of M-Audio BX5 Studio Monitors (speakers) along with an M-Audio M-Track 2x2 (C-Series) Audio Interface. I'd like to note that the speakers as well as the audio interface are powered independently
    from the laptop.

Before even connecting my laptop to the audio interface and speakers, I downloaded the official latest driver (M-Audio M-Track 2X2 1.0.12.) (m-audio.com/support/drivers-search), installed it and then connected my laptop. Note that all my music (mostly *.mp3
    files) is stored on an external HDD (also independently powered from the laptop). After installing the drivers and connecting my laptop, I immediately enabled the M-Audio driver.

I opened up Groove for the first time and it started building its database from the appropriate directory (which I pointed it to under its settings). It detected and loaded all the audio files perfectly but upon trying to play any of them (from within groove
    as well as directly from the file) it refused to play them and gave an error stating that the formats were unsupported or unrecognised. The same happened for Windows Media Player. So, here my attempts at fixing the problem began.

FAILED ATTEMPTS AT FIXING:

1) Reset and terminated Groove through its app settings (Right Click Windows Start Icon -> Apps & Features -> Click Groove Music -> Advanced Options). Didn't work.

2) Uninstalled Groove through its app settings and then reinstalled it via Microsoft Store. Didn't work.

3) Updated all audio drivers through Device Manager (Right Click Windows Start Icon -> Device Manager -> Expand Sound, video and game controllers -> Right Click driver -> Update Driver); Restarted. Didn't work.

REALISING PROBLEM:

After the aforementioned, I tried playing music in VLC (videolan.org/vlc/download-windows) and the files did play, but no music came out of the speakers, so I switched to the laptop's default/pre-installed Realtek drivers (click on speaker icon at bottom
    right of taskbar) and Groove, WMP and VLC all worked 100%. I realised there were problems with the M-Audio driver.

SOLUTION - FIXING THE PROBLEM:

I uninstalled the M-Audio driver (which I manually installed), and Windows immediately automatically configured the M-Track 2x2 Audio Interface. I enabled the M-Audio driver again and then everything worked 100%; there were no more problems with Groove or
    WMP. Afterwards, I reinstalled the driver using M-Audio's official installer, and everything still worked.

TL;DR

Update and test your drivers! If that doesn't work, uninstall them and let Windows 10 automatically configure them!

JoshJ_ZA, Sep 9, 2020
  3. NevEQ Win User
    M/soft app for playing CDs

I am not interested in playing DVDs.

I do have a sizeable collection of CDs which I have loaded into windows media player on my laptop,

I cant get my music to play....red crosses come up on my playlists.

These have played in the past.....

Do I need an additional m/soft app to allow me to play CDs or do I have a potential problem with a 'codec' ?

NevEQ, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Grings Win User

I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player

Grings, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player

1. I'm sick of this popping up whenever I'm playing music on Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - I'm sick popping

2. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  3. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play a music file.: Media Play won't open a music file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-wont-play-a-music-file/f70ed620-dfe3-4498-8557-fe7be5889dba
  4. Media Player won't play a music file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  6. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  7. I'm sick of my computer at this point.

in Cortana
    I'm sick of my computer at this point.: So, let me cut to the chase, basically everything that Windows 10 "features" has come to bite me in the a** with my gaming computer. The only reason I'm still using this thing is because Windows is still vastly superior to MacOS or Linux with the modding and gaming that I do,...
  8. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  9. Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player for Windows 10. Music will not play.: Small, red, round dot with x on it has appeared at the start of music title and is unplayable. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-for-windows-10-music-will-not/c4e82854-c104-4c35-aa75-3a01a907f420
  10. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...