Windows 10: im stuck on the start screen

Discus and support im stuck on the start screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; help submitted by /u/Neaveff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iblu4w/im_stuck_on_the_start_screen/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Neaveff, Aug 17, 2020.

1. im stuck on the start screen

/u/Neaveff, Aug 17, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 17, 2020
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

im stuck on the start screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

im stuck on the start screen

1. im stuck on the start screen - Similar Threads - stuck start screen

2. I cant open my laptop im stuck on the start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open my laptop im stuck on the start up screen: Hi, today i was running into an issue with my windows 10 laptop so earlier i logged into my account and when i restarted my laptop a new thing came out a new account with the name "New User" and it needs a password to open my laptop and i dont even know it now i cant sign in...
  3. I cant open my laptop im stuck on the start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open my laptop im stuck on the start up screen: Hi, today i was running into an issue with my windows 10 laptop so earlier i logged into my account and when i restarted my laptop a new thing came out a new account with the name "New User" and it needs a password to open my laptop and i dont even know it now i cant sign in...
  4. I cant open my laptop im stuck on the start up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Why I cannot sign in? Im stuck at start up screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot sign in? Im stuck at start up screen.: When I click sign in nothing happens not event loading, it's like I am clicking a button that just do nothing. This happened when I updated it. After the update windows asked me to sign in and I did successfully. But then the next day when I opened the laptop this happened....
  6. Why I cannot sign in? Im stuck at start up screen.

Why I cannot sign in? Im stuck at start up screen.: When I click sign in nothing happens not event loading, it's like I am clicking a button that just do nothing. This happened when I updated it. After the update windows asked me to sign in and I did successfully. But then the next day when I opened the laptop this happened....
  7. Im getting stuck on this screen for 2 hour !?!

Im getting stuck on this screen for 2 hour !?!: After unistalling windows, i login my account and then it asked me if i need a free trial for 365. I clicked it by chance and the screen turned into this. It's said that there is a back arrow to select but i couldnt find it anywhere. Someone pls help me cause i tried all but...
  8. WIN11 GREEN SCREEN ERROR AND IM STUCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN11 GREEN SCREEN ERROR AND IM STUCK: I attempted to update my amd driver and after it was done and prompt me to restart pc... I got this messageGREEN SCREEN "Your windows Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."And it repeats...
  9. WIN11 GREEN SCREEN ERROR AND IM STUCK

WIN11 GREEN SCREEN ERROR AND IM STUCK: I attempted to update my amd driver and after it was done and prompt me to restart pc... I got this messageGREEN SCREEN "Your windows Insider Build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."And it repeats...
  10. Stuck On Start Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck On Start Screen: I have a windows 10 laptop and recently when I turn it on and I’m on the screen that shows the background, time and date when I click and press spacebar it does not bring up the login screen. What can I do?[IMG]...