Windows 10: I'm stumped

Discus and support I'm stumped in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop idk which model but it probably doesn't matter. Whenever I turn it on it takes at least an hour to boot then another hour to login.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mrface, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Mrface Win User

I'm stumped

I have a HP laptop idk which model but it probably doesn't matter. Whenever I turn it on it takes at least an hour to boot then another hour to login. Then it just shows my desktop and I can't do anything except move my cursor can't click anything. I can Ctrl alt del tho but when I click task manager it doesn't open but if I leave it on the desktop for like an hour explorer.exe opens an error message

"the instruction at 0x00007ffa01e26abo referenced memory at 0x00007FF9EDB1124 The required data was not placed indo memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c"

I can click close program but it just takes me back to the desktop

:)

Mrface, Feb 13, 2020

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

I'm stumped

No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

I'm stumped

1. I'm stumped - Similar Threads - I'm stumped

2. I can't activate Windows and I'm not being called, yet all tickets are closed "resolved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate Windows and I'm not being called, yet all tickets are closed "resolved": Hi,This FEBRUARY I had a critical error concerning stornvme.sys after upgrading the firmware of my GPU.PC failed to boot past BIOS leaving me unable to boot into safemode or return to a previous confirmed image and as a last resort I reinstalled Windows 10. I immediately...
  3. I can't activate Windows and I'm not being called, yet all tickets are closed "resolved"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't activate Windows and I'm not being called, yet all tickets are closed "resolved": Hi,This FEBRUARY I had a critical error concerning stornvme.sys after upgrading the firmware of my GPU.PC failed to boot past BIOS leaving me unable to boot into safemode or return to a previous confirmed image and as a last resort I reinstalled Windows 10. I immediately...
  4. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  5. How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an admin account which has password in it? I'm not the admin: I'm sorry but I let someone use my laptop for a while and they accidently create an admin account and they cannot remember the password. It has limited my permissions to use my laptop, is there any way to remove it with the admin password?...
  6. I'm Stumped, First time asking for help :D Windows 10 Backup Via Windows 7 tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm Stumped, First time asking for help :D Windows 10 Backup Via Windows 7 tool: [ATTACH] I always back up windows 10 via the windows 7 backup tool to my 10TB HDD. I recently moved my windows 10 download folder to that drive and today moved it back. Now when I go to back up it doesn't give me the option to back up to that 10TB drive. When I click on...
  7. Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped: Hi all! New to the forum and I'm so glad I found it. I hope someone here can help me put an end to these BSODs! I've been chasing random frequent BSOD's for months! I have tried so many things to try to solve this, and I don't want to muddy the waters. I'll include some...
  8. weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.

in Windows 10 Support
    weird problem involving corrupted files. please help, i'm stumped.: i have two main pc's. one is a z370 build and the other is a z97 build. both have a dual boot 7/10 os(10 is the 1809 build on both). i can run sfc/scannow on both 7 and 10 on my z370 and no integrity violations are found. on the z97 build if i run sfc/scannow on 7 it's fine...
  9. Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!: Sigh. SOLVED. I'll leave my original post, below, with a strikethrough. Just after posting this (from "D"), I decided to poke at something else. Computer B had an issue the other day where it did not show banners from a website I wanted to allow banners. I use Kaspersky....
  10. BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped: So: I've only got two games so far on this new PC (prebuilt) that arrived around 4 days ago. I've been having BSOD crashes ever since receiving the PC. I thought it'd be worth asking on here because I personally only have 1 idea left before I send it back to the seller to...