Windows 10: I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

Discus and support I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think the title says it all. I'm tired of losing work done because windows decide to auto upgrade my system. I normally only suspend my laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ninguno2, May 15, 2019.

1. ninguno2 Win User

I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

I think the title says it all.

I'm tired of losing work done because windows decide to auto upgrade my system. I normally only suspend my laptop but i lost my work not less than 10 times because when i resume the laptop i see windows has update my windows 10.

So i want to completely stop the upgrades, how can i do that? I'm on Windows 10 Home version.

I tried stopping "windows update" and "window medic" service but that alone doesn't seem to work as they were re-enabled.

THanks in advance

:)

ninguno2, May 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 15, 2019
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, May 15, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely... - Similar Threads - I'm tired losing

2. auto complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    auto complete: Dell omiplex computer i can get autocomplete or autofill to work looked in advance settings say nowhere to activate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-complete/5b42a87b-f089-4adf-9dbc-e81b16159fd5
  3. I'm tired of Microsoft I'm Going MAC period .

I'm tired of Microsoft I'm Going MAC period .: Macintosh is the real deal , how do you think people are dropping , Microsoft there's a lot of issues with software its bugish its got a lot of flaws in its software thanks to be to mr gates the founder of it all he makes money and sits back and laughs wile people get unhappy...
  4. auto complete address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    auto complete address: there is an email address that is not in my contacts (was once) but always appears how can i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-complete-address/d1bf75cd-1870-4724-9184-20ef78985e15"
  5. I'm tired of onedrive

I'm tired of onedrive: I'm so tired of Onedrive Business I have being having problemas with Onedrive Business. Onedrive has caused too many problems when syncing files among all my devices. I use apple mobile devices, surface 4 pro and windows 10 desktop. Everywhere Onde Drive fails to sync. I ask...
  6. So How do the real gurus decide on new Tutorial topics?

in Windows 10 Support
    So How do the real gurus decide on new Tutorial topics?: Just wondering how the guys decide on topics to write Tutorials about. it seems that the range of tutorials is just amazing. 117876
  7. I've decided to upgrade my graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I've decided to upgrade my graphics card: It's moot, but if the MB is an Asus Z97-A, then it has a PCI-E 3.0 slot. Yes I know that,,,,,,,lol it's funny how people reply to the last post and not the OP Thanks
  8. I'm At My Wits In On Upgrading to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm At My Wits In On Upgrading to Win 10: I'll explain.. About two weeks ago I went to turn on my HP p6750f desktop PC and things didn't work as before. It appears I had parts of a Windows 10 upgrade and some of the old Windows 7 Home OS. I tried for hours to get it working, but that didn't happen. So, I decided to...
  9. Resetting Windows 10 and not losing my free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Windows 10 and not losing my free upgrade: So the time has come when the wonderful Windows 10 came to it's money taking period. However, I updated to windows 10 using the free upgrade available on pre-July 29. Now, if I reset it to factory settings, will I still have Windows 10 activated? Or will I have to buy it?...
  10. I'm so confused!

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm so confused!: Yesterday I decided to reset my computer, mainly because of all the updates, both mine and W10. Between upgrades to W10 and me deciding to go Pro and my continual search for the perfect drivers for my games I've done quite a few. Reset it, took forever, and the first thing...