Windows 10: I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

Discus and support I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think the title says it all. I'm tired of losing work done because windows decide to auto upgrade my system. I normally only suspend my laptop but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ninguno2, May 15, 2019.

1. ninguno2 Win User

I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

I think the title says it all.

I'm tired of losing work done because windows decide to auto upgrade my system. I normally only suspend my laptop but i lost my work not less than 10 times because when i resume the laptop i see windows has update my windows 10.

So i want to completely stop the upgrades, how can i do that? I'm on Windows 10 Home version.

I tried stopping "windows update" and "window medic" service but that alone doesn't seem to work as they were re-enabled.

THanks in advance

:)

ninguno2, May 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 15, 2019
  3. EarthDog Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, May 15, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm tired of losing my work because windows 10 decide to auto upgrade. So how to completely... - Similar Threads - I'm tired losing

2. Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely: Hello there, as the title says my PC decides to randomly freeze at times completely/lock up i.e., Alt+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work requiring me to restart it through pressing the power button on my tower despite computer resources never actually being fully used up...
  3. Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly decides to freeze completely: Hello there, as the title says my PC decides to randomly freeze at times completely/lock up i.e., Alt+F4 and Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not work requiring me to restart it through pressing the power button on my tower despite computer resources never actually being fully used up...
  4. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  5. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  6. I'm so very tired of updates causing critical problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm so very tired of updates causing critical problems.: I'm getting really, really frustrated with these non- optional updates rendering my devices unusable.In my first encounter with this, the system processes that allocates background resources got so unaccountably greedy that my laptop would sporadically become unusably slow...
  7. I'm tired of the forced updates that are ruinning my work life.

I'm tired of the forced updates that are ruinning my work life.: Since this problem: Major errors with update 20H2 OS Build 19042.1052, errors showing since 20H2 OS Build 19042.867 in April. I've forbidden W10 from updating, I've messed with the services, I've postponed auto updates to max values and I even created a .bat file to prevent...
  8. Help I'm so tired of this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I'm so tired of this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jojodapope [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcgmq0/help_im_so_tired_of_this/
  9. Windows Bricked Itself and I'm tired of this.

Windows Bricked Itself and I'm tired of this.: Rant in the beginning, question is on the bottom. I've lost faith in Windows 10. There is just too many problems and too many issues that keep arising and it's always a pain to fix because when a problem DOES arise, my data usually disappears or Windows just gives me...
  10. I'm tired of onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm tired of onedrive: I'm so tired of Onedrive Business I have being having problemas with Onedrive Business. Onedrive has caused too many problems when syncing files among all my devices. I use apple mobile devices, surface 4 pro and windows 10 desktop. Everywhere Onde Drive fails to sync. I ask...