Windows 10: I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes?

Discus and support I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danoldo [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danoldo, Nov 14, 2019.

1. I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes?

/u/Danoldo, Nov 14, 2019

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Lagged Win User

I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes?

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes?

1. I’m totally retarded right now. How do I find and delete these 2 extra volumes? - Similar Threads - I’m totally retarded

2. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  3. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  4. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  5. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. how can i delete an extra profile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how can i delete an extra profile: I want to Delete an extra profile in Settings, Actually 2 Profiles.How can this be done?I'm using Microsoft Edge as the Primary browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-an-extra-profile/76d46e89-eb74-4a57-a2d5-fa3fb2a5ebc7
  7. A big list of issues I’m having right now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A big list of issues I’m having right now.: I can’t install apps on the Microsoft store. Checking for updates gives me no results even though I’m told I need to update. Occasionally says I have no wifi signal, forcing me to restart my computer or router. Quite literally missing parts of windows 10. Windows security...
  8. I’m having some trouble with audio right now...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m having some trouble with audio right now...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RuRuin_Pink [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izt31d/im_having_some_trouble_with_audio_right_now/
  9. How Do I Hide Extra Volume Popup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Hide Extra Volume Popup?: The volume gauge pops up along with a big window. How can I hide this larger window only? [ATTACH] 165170
  10. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed