Windows 10: I'm trying to block my child's access in Windows 10, why can't I block the store??

Discus and support I'm trying to block my child's access in Windows 10, why can't I block the store?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Honestly, I feel like Windows 10 is not very configurable for a paying customer. Also, it is very difficult to set up accounts with limited access as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by daven3, Mar 5, 2019.

1. daven3 Win User

I'm trying to block my child's access in Windows 10, why can't I block the store??

Honestly, I feel like Windows 10 is not very configurable for a paying customer. Also, it is very difficult to set up accounts with limited access as there are too many programs installed. You need to streamline configurations...i.e. "Choose from the following setups for the user account: 1) bare bones installation, browser settings locked, no games installed, no way for user to circumvent safeguards in place."

:)

daven3, Mar 5, 2019

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Mar 5, 2019
  3. My son can access blocked websites via https

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you facing this issue with a specific website?

2. Which websites are you trying to block?

I understand that your child is able to access blocked websites from the child account. I suggest you to just type the domain name proceeding with the .com without HTTPS (Example: Youtube.com) and check if that helps. Refer the following article for
    steps to
    block inappropriate website

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child to the family account. Refer the following article for steps to

remove members from your family group
    . The following link will provide steps to

add members to your family group

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 5, 2019
  4. stevenh76 Win User

I'm trying to block my child's access in Windows 10, why can't I block the store??

Blocking google images on child account

How can I block google images from my child's account? I added it to the "block" list and was able to go to reinstall it on my child's account without parental permission

stevenh76, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. I'm trying to block my child's access in Windows 10, why can't I block the store?? - Similar Threads - I'm trying block

2. BLOCKED???? Why am I Getting Blocked for trying to Add a Phone Number to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOCKED???? Why am I Getting Blocked for trying to Add a Phone Number to my account: I'm trying to Redeem something on Microsoft rewards. So when i go to do so i see you need a number, so i add my number and it just doesn't let me??!! It Blocks me and say "Try using another Verification Method". Like seriously? I'm just redeeming points, Why can't this be...
  3. Why is Microsoft Store blocked if I'm the admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Store blocked if I'm the admin?: If I try to open Microsoft store, it says "Microsoft Store is blocked. Check with your IT or system administrator." However, I am the administrator, and this is a home computer. There is only one account on this computer. I originally used it with a school account, but...
  4. Why is Microsoft Store blocked if I'm the admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Store blocked if I'm the admin?: If I try to open Microsoft store, it says "Microsoft Store is blocked. Check with your IT or system administrator." However, I am the administrator, and this is a home computer. There is only one account on this computer. I originally used it with a school account, but...
  5. Admin store blocked access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin store blocked access: here’s hoping this in the correct forum. Ah well here goes: Currently using Windows10 but have a problem Disk Management will not run - I get a message "An Administrator has block access...etc". So far have tried a number of Internet suggested solutions: Disable Smart...
  6. BLOCKED ACCESS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BLOCKED ACCESS: Hello, Please, I have a question and of course I am waiting a right answer if is possible to fix this impediment. I try ON LINE to fill out an Application and when I press " Apply Now" then appears these words.........This page can not be reached............. My...
  7. Blocking access to windows settings for child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blocking access to windows settings for child: I’m a mac user so Windows is beyond confusing to me. We have a Windows 10 laptop that my son uses. He fiddles so i would like to lock down the settings so they don’t get out of whack. Is there a way to do this from my admin account? Every time i search for this I end up...
  8. program blocking for child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...
  9. Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program blocked when I'm trying to install it: Hey guys! I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's just an OK button. Is there a way to go around this? 13738
  10. Block child's internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Block child's internet connection: Hello ! I'm looking for a way to block internet connection of a child. So no more servers in minecraft, no more browsing the web, only the local stuff should be available. Thanks. 22325

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are apps not blocked on mychilds microsoft account