Windows 10: Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

Discus and support Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to install windows xp on my SSD using virtualbox l, i linked my ssd virtualbox using a .vmdk file and successfully installed it, it runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ilya Suminov, May 14, 2023.

1. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

I decided to install windows xp on my SSD using virtualbox l, i linked my ssd virtualbox using a .vmdk file and successfully installed it, it runs nicely on the virtual machine, then i tried booting from my host device my laptop. I booted to UEFI and changed my SATA configs to IDE and enabled CSM so UEFI would detect my SSD, and when i boot from the SSD with windows XP on it im getting a screen saying stuff similar to the following: "windows didnt start properly, hardware change could have caused this". And im not planning on trying to install AHCI drivers because my cpu doesnt supply with A

:)

Ilya Suminov, May 14, 2023

2. Japanese IME - How to have menus in English?

The default display language for the Microsoft IME is "Automatic", and occasionally it decides for whatever reason to change from English to Japanese or vice versa.
    At any rate, you can correct the issue without removing any language packs via the following steps. I'm going to assume that your Windows display language is in English, but your IME is set to display in Japanese.

1. Navigate thus: Control Panel -> Region & Language -> Keyboards &
      Languages -> Change Keyboards
    2. Highlight "Microsoft IME" under the Japanese (Japan) keyboard section of the "Installed services" list
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Under the ""全股" tab, you will see an option at the bottom "メニューおよびダイアログで使用する言語" which is the IME display language option. Change this to "英語" (English) and save your changes (the buttons are in the same order as they are in the English UI, "Okay", "Cancel", "Apply", and "Help".

The next time you reopen the IME in the language bar, it should display in English.

Vector Gorgoth, May 14, 2023
  3. d1nky Win User
    im stuck on XP

yea you are right, i will try this!

and im trying that link

d1nky, May 14, 2023
  4. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

im having issue on installing app from microsoft store

Im having issue installing apps on my pc from microsoft store i tired suggested step from microsoft website like cmd ,powershell and setting my update to automatic but still im getting this issue

Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues 00281e50-5a31-42a9-bf23-36c776be1036?upload=true.png

JerryRollins1, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

1. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues - Similar Threads - trying boot IDE

2. im having issues games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im having issues games crashing: hello im having a issue with every game i run on my pc it crashes my gpu drivers are up to date same with my bios i have cleaned installed windows etc etc and its just not fixing the issue i have done sfc /scannow with the command promot and checked disk drivers and im not...
  3. im having issues games crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im having issues games crashing: hello im having a issue with every game i run on my pc it crashes my gpu drivers are up to date same with my bios i have cleaned installed windows etc etc and its just not fixing the issue i have done sfc /scannow with the command promot and checked disk drivers and im not...
  4. Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to boot Windows XP with IDE configs but im having issues: I decided to install windows xp on my SSD using virtualbox l, i linked my ssd virtualbox using a .vmdk file and successfully installed it, it runs nicely on the virtual machine, then i tried booting from my host device my laptop. I booted to UEFI and changed my SATA configs...
  5. im having a problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im having a problem.: My pc keeps giving black screens. When i turn on my pc, after a bit it gives a black screen, i can still hear the audio. Anyone has a solution? submitted by /u/IlyasNaji15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xdb3t1/im_having_a_problem/
  6. im having a problem.

im having a problem.: Earlier, my pc was fine, and it can detect all wifis that are nearby, it still detects them, but i doesnt detect my network when it is working on my phone. Is this a problem with the pc or with the network itself? submitted by /u/IlyasNaji15 [link] [comments]...
  7. Guys im having mic issues

Guys im having mic issues: So I'm playing with my father on Minecraft Java, and we're talking through Xbox Party Chat because the PCs are in different parts of the house. My Razer mic that works for everything else is being extremely choppy and he can only hear me 1/10. Help? submitted by...
  8. hi im having this issue with a program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hi im having this issue with a program: i asked some people out there and they said that maybe the dll is blocked but it does not seem like is blocked See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text **************...
  9. Im having Bluetooth issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im having Bluetooth issues.: I bought an Asus PCE-AC58BT wireless adapter. I installed drivers for the device, and my WiFi works perfectly as it should but Im not getting anything for Bluetooth. No icon, no on and off, nothing is found in troubleshoot. Im at a loss as to why I cannot get my BT to work. I...
  10. Im having trouble

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Im having trouble: I having trouble. I have Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my Xbox One, but I can't download it on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble/6b92e633-41df-4894-8776-748a197ad29e"