Windows 10: I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-'

Discus and support I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-' in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't change the name on my account folder in the users directory and i need help....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Бане, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Бане Win User

I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-'

I can't change the name on my account folder in the users directory and i need help....

:)

Бане, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Oct 5, 2019
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 5, 2019
  4. I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-'

User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-'

1. I'm trying to change my account name and the folder in users and im stuck -.-' - Similar Threads - I'm trying change

2. Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to account name which ended up creating two user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to account name which ended up creating two user...: Tried to change "User" name in C:\Users\User to match with my account name. But it ended up creating two folders in C:\Users like "User" and "Rahul reddy" folder name that I tried changing name to splitting files between both folders. I tried to restore my device multiple...
  3. Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to account name which ended up creating two user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to account name which ended up creating two user...: Tried to change "User" name in C:\Users\User to match with my account name. But it ended up creating two folders in C:\Users like "User" and "Rahul reddy" folder name that I tried changing name to splitting files between both folders. I tried to restore my device multiple...
  4. Microsoft account keeps changing my user folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account keeps changing my user folder name: I did a full reset on my pc and after it booted I made a user with my desired name. I then went to settings to log in to my Microsoft account I had been using before the reset and it changed my profile folder name C:\Users\my_user to the name I had before I had done the reset...
  5. Microsoft account keeps changing my user folder name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account keeps changing my user folder name: I did a full reset on my pc and after it booted I made a user with my desired name. I then went to settings to log in to my Microsoft account I had been using before the reset and it changed my profile folder name C:\Users\my_user to the name I had before I had done the reset...
  6. Microsoft account keeps changing my user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change the name of my user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of my user folder: Is it possible to change the name of my user folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-name-of-my-user-folder/2d7e3d7a-ed14-4026-8a68-31475cc8e2a4
  8. I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account: So, im using the windows administrator account without problems, but it seems like windows has changed the name of its folder to something that i dont want. I want to change it back again, but the button to change its name is missing. I have also tried right clicking on it...
  9. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  10. Changing my USERS folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my USERS folder name: Windows 10 currently on the Fall Creators update. When I got my new notebook, I was having a problem with the Windows Store. A Microsoft tech determined that my user profile was messed up, added a new account, and deleted the problematic one. all was good. The problem...