Windows 10: I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked...

Discus and support I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dennisiztheman [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dennisiztheman, Jul 14, 2020.

1. I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked...

/u/Dennisiztheman, Jul 14, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked... [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked... [​IMG]

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Zontir Win User
    Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Machtyn Win User

I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked...

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked...

1. I'm trying to connect wifi on my desktop but, it's not availiable as an adapter. I checked... - Similar Threads - I'm trying connect

2. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  3. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  4. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  6. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  7. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop: Hi, We are having a strange problem with our Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 - every time we connect to a remote desktop connection, the wifi disappears.. When I check the device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device" . I can uninstall and reinstall and wifi is...
  9. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop: Hi, We are having a strange problem with our Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 - every time we connect to a remote desktop connection, the wifi disappears.. When I check the device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device" . I can uninstall and reinstall and wifi is...
  10. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing