Windows 10: I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I...

Discus and support I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This computer was recently sent away for repair, and I've spent most of today setting it up. Whilst trying to delete a folder as part of re-installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Travis Kendall, Jul 31, 2019.

1. I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I...

This computer was recently sent away for repair, and I've spent most of today setting it up. Whilst trying to delete a folder as part of re-installing a game that didn't install correctly, I was told I needed administrator permission to delete the file.

I have done this exact same thing multiple times before on the computer before it was sent away, but this time I got another popup saying I needed permission from "S-1-5-21-78511333-3158199425-1353651091-1002" in particular.

I have no idea who or what "S-1-5-21-78511333-3158199425-1353651091-1002" is, but I worry I'm not considered an admin on my own computer.

What happened, and is there any way to fix it?

I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I... 71623348-d31d-4d0d-89c0-6624edae7e02?upload=true.png

:)

Travis Kendall, Jul 31, 2019

2. Deleting a file that requires permission from Administrator

I'm trying to delete a file that keeps telling me I need permission to perform this action. I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file.

Now if I look under User Accounts on the control panel there is only ONE account listed: mine as administrator.

However, under the properies window for the file there are three:

SYSTEM

Administrators (DJ Hernandez\Administrators)

Users (DJ Hernandez\Users)

The first two are listed as Full control on the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings for the file. The Users is listed as Read. All three under Inherited From have C:\Program Data\Avg\Antivirus\

Is there any way that will allow me to get rid of this file? This belongs to a program that I have deleted using the Control Panel but it still shows up in the program listing under Programs and Features of the Control Panel.

Wild Child, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 31, 2019
  4. I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I...

Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried using an unlocker tool as well as taking ownership of the file but everything has failed.

Any other suggestions?

Danielzxzx, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I...

1. I'm trying to delete a file, it requests administrator permission, I give it, but it says I... - Similar Threads - I'm trying delete

2. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't give anything administrator permission?: It's code 0x8007139f and all the tutorials for fixing it require me to give something administrator. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-give-anything-administrator-permission/b7edc781-456d-4235-b3aa-f346cc33c3fc
  3. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.: Some files I am able to delete but some will say I need permission from the "system" or the "admin" my user account is setup as an admin. I do not have any other accounts on my pc so curious why it says I need permission from another user....
  4. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.: Some files I am able to delete but some will say I need permission from the "system" or the "admin" my user account is setup as an admin. I do not have any other accounts on my pc so curious why it says I need permission from another user....
  5. I am trying to delete files on my computer, and it says I need permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator: I have followed the directions in this thread to change permissions for the 'etc' folder and the 'hosts' file:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-you-dont-have-permission-to-save-in/ddf7d6c8-d4f9-4e49-92cb-7b3c9ea90a26Yet it still will not allow...
  7. Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot save 'hosts' file as it says I do not have permission but I'm an administrator: I have followed the directions in this thread to change permissions for the 'etc' folder and the 'hosts' file:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-you-dont-have-permission-to-save-in/ddf7d6c8-d4f9-4e49-92cb-7b3c9ea90a26Yet it still will not allow...
  8. PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...: PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on the Control Panel says I am an Administrator. How to fix? submitted by /u/--Happy-- [link] [comments]...
  9. PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...: PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on the Control Panel says I am an Administrator. How to fix? submitted by /u/--Happy-- [link] [comments]...
  10. I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission: Hi hope you can help me I need to delete a file from OS but I need to have administration permission and I don't know how to find it, the file I am deleting has been save on the PC as my PC has a partition, OS and D file many thanks if anyone can help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove administrator permission requests