Windows 10: I'm trying to do a clean install of windows

Discus and support I'm trying to do a clean install of windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I plugged in the windows USB thing but don't know which one to boot from, which one is it http://imgur.com/a/0aV8nKs submitted by /u/DotzAbOt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DotzAbOt, Aug 29, 2020.

1. I'm trying to do a clean install of windows

/u/DotzAbOt, Aug 29, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

I'm trying to do a clean install of windows

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to do a clean install of windows

1. I'm trying to do a clean install of windows - Similar Threads - I'm trying clean

2. I'm trying to do this, for my wife . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to do this, for my wife . . .: My wife has, an HP laptop. Dana Running, Windows 10. I'm trying to create her, a Google account. I followed, the steps. Putting in her, name. Birthdate, etc. It wants to create, her a Gmail address. But she already has, a Yahoo e-mail address. So, I select. Use her, current...
  3. I'm trying to do this, for my wife . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to do this, for my wife . . .: My wife has, an HP laptop. Dana Running, Windows 10. I'm trying to create her, a Google account. I followed, the steps. Putting in her, name. Birthdate, etc. It wants to create, her a Gmail address. But she already has, a Yahoo e-mail address. So, I select. Use her, current...
  4. Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a laptop that came with Windows 11, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a laptop that came with Windows 11, and...: HelloI bought a new laptop and it came with Windows 11, which I've gradually realised is not compatible with about 90% of the hardware and software I need to use for the work I want to do with it.I've read several guides on how to install Windows 10 instead, and have followed...
  5. Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a laptop that came with Windows 11, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a laptop that came with Windows 11, and...: HelloI bought a new laptop and it came with Windows 11, which I've gradually realised is not compatible with about 90% of the hardware and software I need to use for the work I want to do with it.I've read several guides on how to install Windows 10 instead, and have followed...
  6. I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows: I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 10 and I'm stuck here copying windows files it's been at 0 for roughly an hour, and I already formatted my ssd, if anyone could help that you be appreciated...
  7. Doing a clean install of Windows 10

Doing a clean install of Windows 10: I am doing a clean install of Windows 10 at the end of the installation reinstall a second time I was prompted to fix my PC after that it stated your PC cannot be fixed then prompted to turn PC off or go to advanced options what should I do next...
  8. Trying to do a clean install

Trying to do a clean install: I keep getting an 025 error about 60 percent into installing Win 10 on a new WD 1TB drive. I've deleted and formatted partitions, and only used the one drive, others disconnected. I upgraded from 7 to 10 some time back and that's on another drive but I want to do a clean...
  9. Doing a clean install?

Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...
  10. Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!

Trying to make a clean install of Windows ?!!: Hi guys, im trying to make a clean install of Windows 10 using the Clean all comand, after i did : diskpart list disk select disk clean all what should i do next, exit and leave the setup countinue, and i should format it from command promt ?! btw im in UEFI mode . 94061