Windows 10: I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.

Discus and support I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried uninstalling all programs/applications, disk cleanup, deleting files directly from C drive, cant get enough space cleared. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Family Holt, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.

I've tried uninstalling all programs/applications, disk cleanup, deleting files directly from C drive, cant get enough space cleared. Any tips/tricks? This is my son's computer, and he bogged it down with a bunch of games/apps. Thanks in advance!

:)

Family Holt, Apr 28, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CI'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Apr 28, 2020
  4. I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive.

1. I'm trying to do a Fresh Start, but can't get enough free space on my C drive. - Similar Threads - I'm trying Fresh

2. Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.: I try to copybackup the folder from C:\ drive to my external F:\ drive. My external F:\ drive Free Space = 800 GB,I want to copy the folder of about 212 GB In the local OneDrive directory. Each time I try to copy the folder, it will pop up the error message "There is not...
  3. Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try to copy to external drive but keep get error message No Enough Free Space.: I try to copybackup the folder from C:\ drive to my external F:\ drive. My external F:\ drive Free Space = 800 GB,I want to copy the folder of about 212 GB In the local OneDrive directory. Each time I try to copy the folder, it will pop up the error message "There is not...
  4. Freeing space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing space on C drive: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110 I am trying to free up space on my C drive which is a 500Gb SSD. I install all programs to my 2Tb HD. Windirstat tells me Tom Tom the sat nav takes up 153 Gb on my C drive. So I want to uninstall it. Windows said it was uninstalling it from...
  5. I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...: I'm trying to download 622 GB of files from my OneDrive and send it into my new WD hard drive that I just bought. The system keeps giving me an error that the C drive does not have enough space, although I'm not trying to move the files to my C drive. I unlinked my OneDrive...
  6. My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?

My C Drive is getting full and how to free up C Drive space?: I don't want to use cleanup tool to free up C Drive space and I want to get more details about the useless files on C Drive. For example, I want to know what kind of files can be deleted without any negative effect. What is the location of junk files and how and why do they...
  7. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  8. Portable hard drive not enough free space.

Portable hard drive not enough free space.: I have a 1.5 TB back up portable hard that only has 355 GB of Free Space. It has only 2 system images from C drive (with 147 GB of used space). I have made several system images in the past on this hard drive and deleted most of them over time. 1. How can only 2 system...
  9. OneDrive - Not Enough Free Space?

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive - Not Enough Free Space?: Due to some problems I was having with Microsoft applications, I just had Microsoft re-install Windows 10 this morning. Everything seems to be back to normal, except that on the Taskbar, the Cloud icon has a red X and the tooltip says: "OneDrive There is not enough free...
  10. How to run updates with two drives but not enough free space on C:

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to run updates with two drives but not enough free space on C:: I am trying to run updates on my son's desktop PC. It's been idle for 12 months so it's got a lot of updates to run through. The PC has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD with 64GB capacity and 4GB free space while the E: drive is a std hard drive with ~1000GB capacity and...