Windows 10: I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just...

Discus and support I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack_ivey1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jack_ivey1, May 19, 2020.

1. I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just...

/u/jack_ivey1, May 19, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, May 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just...

Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just... [​IMG]

dalchina, May 19, 2020
Thema:

I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just...

1. I'm trying to download the speech recognition engine, when I try to install it it just... - Similar Threads - I'm trying download

2. When using speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using speech recognition: I have been trying to use speech recognition while using other apps, however I have found that it opens a popup that asks me to "insert" the text. I was wondering if there is a way to skip that part of the process entirely and just have to text be dropped in....
  3. When using speech recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using speech recognition: I have been trying to use speech recognition while using other apps, however I have found that it opens a popup that asks me to "insert" the text. I was wondering if there is a way to skip that part of the process entirely and just have to text be dropped in....
  4. Speech recognition module wont stop trying to install on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech recognition module wont stop trying to install on windows 10: I keep getting the following popup message every few minutes. https://i.imgur.com/WUucyUg.png Looking at the feature history you can see its the Speech recognition module that's trying to install over and over again. https://i.imgur.com/3ht1Lyo.png I don't want, or need,...
  5. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  6. Trying to set up speech recognition and it won't let me do anything with the speech...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to set up speech recognition and it won't let me do anything with the speech...: submitted by /u/finndacles2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlwa2v/trying_to_set_up_speech_recognition_and_it_wont/
  7. Windows trying but failing to install "english (us) speech recognition" with error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows trying but failing to install "english (us) speech recognition" with error code...: Just bought a HP Probook that had Windows 10 pro pre installed. Every 5 minutes or so it tries to update the Speech recognition as mentioned in the subject but always fails. This gives off the same chime as other Windows warnings and my e-mail and is all around extremely...
  8. trying to install the German speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to install the German speech recognition: I use Windows 10, the last build. I have English and German languages installed on my system. However Windows failed and after that it has been constantly trying to install the German speech recognition. I see how it is trying to do it every day. My question, how can I stop...
  9. Speech Recognition unable to download

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition unable to download: So I was trying to enable my Cortana so Speech was on downloading, but it suddenly failed. The reason of failing was an error 0x800F0950. Here's a screenshot: And I guess due to this there's another problem, i.e., the language portion is grayed out in the screenshot: and...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a