Windows 10: I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

Discus and support I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carter Hasselmann, Jan 30, 2023.

1. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.I am the only person who uses this PC and I'm not sure why it doesn't give me permission to edit and save files to my desktop anymore. I tried to attach a screenshot of the image, but the file failed to upload.I already tried to change permissions by right-clicking on my windows C: hard drive in the file explorer and then I opened the security tab to change the user's permissions to full c

:)

Carter Hasselmann, Jan 30, 2023
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Paultx Win User
    Can't save txt files to Desktop

It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English):
    Save as
    C:\Users\Paulo\Desktop\(intended name for the file).txt
    File not found.
    Check file name and try again.

I have now Windows 10 Pro 1709 (compilation 16299.192) and can't say if the problem started with this version or another one.

BTW, I created a docx file with Word 365 and a cdr file with CorelDRAW 2017 and could save them to the Windows Desktop normally, so it seems the problem is, AFAIK, related to txt files only.

Any ideas? TIA.

Paultx, Jan 30, 2023
  4. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

1. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the... - Similar Threads - I'm trying edit

2. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  3. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  4. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...: It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.I am the only person who uses this PC and I'm not sure why it...
  5. I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to edit a .txt file in a folder on my desktop and it won't let me save the...: It gives me the error message C:\Users\21car\OneDrive\Desktop\1.19.3 Minecraft werver\eula.txt You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.I am the only person who uses this PC and I'm not sure why it...
  6. I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?: When you change your background picture, you get the options fill, fit, stretch, tile, center, and span. The picture is off center and oddly cropped right now, but no matter which setting I select it doesn't change. I could have sworn there was a save button there before (I...
  7. Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Not Let me Save Back to Inetpub folder after Kompozer Edit.: What is Windows doing to me now? I come after a long, long time away to use my Inetpub folder and pick up a file and edit it wish Kompozer and go to save and it won't let me. No permission. I am admin. Admin has all permissions. I did think of one thing: I don't think...
  8. Files folder won't let me upload.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files folder won't let me upload.: Hello, I am currently using google chrome as my default browser. When I try to upload a file ie. applying for a job I keep getting "program not responding". I am sure I tried everything, restarting computer, updating chrome and computer, drag & drop the file. Nothing seems to...
  9. w10 won't let me save anything anywhere but the desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    w10 won't let me save anything anywhere but the desktop: I can't paste into another folder, nothing. It will not let me even though I am an administrator. Every once in a great while it will let me move something but I have to grant myself permission. I have seen other users post this exact same issue and have yet to see it...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...