Windows 10: I'm trying to gain administration on my PC

Discus and support I'm trying to gain administration on my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 1.I've typed C:\Users\iburk>net (name) administrator /active:yes The syntax of this command is: NET [ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Financial-Result978, Mar 7, 2021.

1. I'm trying to gain administration on my PC

1.I've typed C:\Users\iburk>net (name) administrator /active:yes

1. The syntax of this command is: NET [ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE |
      GROUP | HELP | HELPMSG | LOCALGROUP | PAUSE | SESSION | SHARE | START | STATIST

What does it mean?

What do I type to gain Admin?

submitted by /u/Financial-Result978
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Financial-Result978, Mar 7, 2021

2. I can't gain access through the administrator.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Is there any other user account? If yes, is that an admin account?

If not, I suggest you to enable the Built-in Administrator Account
    and then try to create a new user account with administrator privileges.

Follow the steps to enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to Enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Then enter into the administrator account. And try to create new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Once you create the new administrator user account try to disable
    Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to disable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:no
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 7, 2021
  3. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 7, 2021
  4. I'm trying to gain administration on my PC

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

I'm trying to gain administration on my PC

1. I'm trying to gain administration on my PC - Similar Threads - I'm trying gain

2. I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to gain access to a account/profile on my computer that is the administrator...: Is there any way to gain access now? Theres not really a way to use my computer without access to it. I try to use I forgot my pin but it just says I have to wait until next month to even use it, I cant really use my computer until I gain access to that account since it is...
  3. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  4. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc: if i want to delete or save a file in a folder i am told that i need to contact the administrator for this how do i get admin rights on my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-gain-admin-rights-or-run-as/42f606d7-764a-4118-9a39-c773b68ae014
  5. i am unable to gain admin rights or run as administrator on my own pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I'm no longer administrator of my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm no longer administrator of my account?: When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not administrator of my own account?. This is really frustrating because when i customize my wallpaper/theme every time I close it , it...
  7. Not able to gain administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to gain administrator rights: I typed netplwiz from cmd and disable the option of never ask username and password and as a result i have lost my rights as an administrator. i have tried all possible solution but not able to gain admin rights back.Also it shows popup box saying access is denied. Please...
  8. PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...: PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on the Control Panel says I am an Administrator. How to fix? submitted by /u/--Happy-- [link] [comments]...
  9. PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on...: PC says I'm not an Administrator when i try to delete an installer but User Accounts" on the Control Panel says I am an Administrator. How to fix? submitted by /u/--Happy-- [link] [comments]...
  10. Unable to gain Administration rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to gain Administration rights: Seem since 1909 upgrade I am no longer able to change file defaults ,open Device Manager, Computer Management or add Administration rights to any search. Is there a fix?...