Windows 10: I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be...

Discus and support I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am logged in with a local admin account I have run the command net user administrator /active:yes and restarted same results... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SueRuedi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. SueRuedi Win User

I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be...

I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be... 70958816-d192-416b-b4cb-cfc30ab32429?upload=true.jpg

I am logged in with a local admin account

I have run the command net user administrator /active:yes and restarted

same results

:)

SueRuedi, Mar 30, 2020

2. Cannot get HP printer and drivers to install

I have an HP Photosmart B210a printer. I did as you suggested and downloaded a HP Photosmart series B210 Class Driver; I made this the default printer. I also have an HPF784C4 (HP Photosmart Plus B210 Series) driver in the printer app (this is my original
    printer which I can't install), which won't work because the driver cannot be installed. I tried to print a test page and the printer immediately goes into an error status. I turned the printer off/ on and did not see any errors on the printer screen.
    But trying to print anything immediately sends the printer into an error status.

PatriciaBurkhart, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be...

HP DeskJet 2630 Printer wont print saying missing driver.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you try to print using your HP printer you get a message stating driver is missing, we will look into this for you.

Ideally, when you connect a printer to the computer, you will need to install the driver to start using the printer. As you are facing issues while installing the drivers, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Method 2: Running HP Print and Scan Doctor

As you have already downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor, I suggest you to run it and follow the on-screen instructions. The HP Print and Scan Doctor will analyze and resolve the issues.

You can also download drivers from HP website for
    HP DeskJet 2630 All-in-One Printer

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. I'm trying to install an HP lasterjet print driver and getting an error that I need to be... - Similar Threads - I'm trying install

2. I'm trying to install Windows XP on a virtual machine, but I'm getting the error code stop:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to install Windows XP on a virtual machine, but I'm getting the error code stop:...: This is the image of the BSOD.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-install-windows-xp-on-a-virtual/3c94c2f7-781f-4c0a-8b32-5e922cf1a910
  3. I'm trying to install Windows XP on a virtual machine, but I'm getting the error code stop:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to install Windows XP on a virtual machine, but I'm getting the error code stop:...: This is the image of the BSOD.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-install-windows-xp-on-a-virtual/3c94c2f7-781f-4c0a-8b32-5e922cf1a910
  4. I'm trying to install Realtek HD Audio drivers but when I do I get the error: realtek hd...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm trying to install Realtek HD Audio drivers but when I do I get the error: realtek hd...: In Device manager-Sound, Video and Game controllers I only have Nvidia Audio drivers and something called High Definition Audio Device. I would like toinstall Realtek High Definition Audio, because my microphone only recordsstatic, however I get the error code and can't...
  5. I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...

I get an error 0x80240154 when I try to print a file, an email when I try to print a file...: Hi, Today all of sudden, I experience a problem in printing a file or an web email saying "my printer is experiencing an unexpected configuration problem Error 0x80240154" for all available printers in my HP PC. I am using Windows 10 home 2004 build 19041.508. How to...
  6. Getting Error 0.E0001075 when I try to print

Getting Error 0.E0001075 when I try to print: I have a new ASUS TUF laptop and an existing HP 6960 Officejet printer. I can connect to my printer wirelessly. I am trying to print a document. HP thinks I'm connected and tells me all kinds of printer information. But I am unable to print, not even a test page. I am now...
  7. I'm getting this error message when I try to download DirectX (I need it for Apex Legends)....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm getting this error message when I try to download DirectX (I need it for Apex Legends)....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/swiftestcat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7qm36/im_getting_this_error_message_when_i_try_to/
  8. Unable to install print driver from the HP website

Unable to install print driver from the HP website: Hello, This morning I attempted to print something, and my computer decided it was no longer going to let that happen. I have never had a printing issue, since purchasing the computer in May of this year. I attempted to download the most recent print driver for my Samsung...
  9. I am trying to install a HP printer. I get an error message that says I need OS: 602.64 How...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am trying to install a HP printer. I get an error message that says I need OS: 602.64 How...: iI need to get To install my HP printer. How can I get this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-am-trying-to-install-a-hp-printer-i-get-an-error/7138c0aa-840d-4b43-be05-2fdcda4a9e4b
  10. Need to manually install a driver but getting an error

Need to manually install a driver but getting an error: I'm trying to get a manually installed device driver to work under Win 10 Pro 64-bit, but I have a problem. I copy the driver to c:\windows\system32\drivers (have also tried just c:\windows\system32 ) but on trying to start it manually from the command prompt with...