Windows 10: I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

Discus and support I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get a message about required partition missing. I put the hard drive onto a USB adapter and put a NTFS partition on it but still no joy. What's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillyGilbreath2, Aug 14, 2019.

1. I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

I get a message about required partition missing. I put the hard drive onto a USB adapter and put a NTFS partition on it but still no joy. What's the story on "required partition" and how do I fix it?

:)

BillyGilbreath2, Aug 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Tim B285 Win User
    Win10 on new hard drive, how to activate

• Installed Win10 to new hard drive, but Win7 code does not work.
    • Tried online (slui.exe 4) activation:
      • entered numeric codes online - which failed,
      • talked to 1st line tech who entered Win7 code - did not work,
      • transferred me to 2nd line tech and no one came on the phone line after 2.5 hours.

Win7 was pre-installed on HP computer with no media provided and HP support has no process to supply replacement media or ISO (last HP purchase). Tried to install Win7 to new drive using Recovery Disks I created, but it could not find system image.

Not willing to return to old hard drive as the new one has SSD and is at least 3 (7?) times faster.

QUESTION 1: Is my only option now to buy either Win7 or Win10?

QUESTION 2: Without activation, when will Win10 no longer boot? If 12 months, I can retry online activation later.

Tim B285, Aug 14, 2019
  4. I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

Win10 empty hard drive

My hard drive which had win10 died. Since it was an out of warranty dell and I don't seem to have any install disks fr win 8, I was trying to make an iso on a flash drive to install on the new drive. However, EVERY time I use the win10 media tool I get
    that 08XXXX error. It will download, just not create the usb drive key.

Any suggestion?

Matthew770, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

1. I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive. - Similar Threads - I'm trying install

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. New hard drive, Win10 ISO won't complete installation

New hard drive, Win10 ISO won't complete installation: Five year old Dell XPS 8900 desktop with OEM Win10. I immediately added a 240 GB SanDisk SSD as my (C:/) Windows drive and put (most) all my data on the OEM 1TB Seagate HDD (D:/ drive). Turns out there's a small bit of data I'd like to recover from old C drive, but nothing...
  5. The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...

The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive, I'm Installing a new hard drive into my...: The updated from Microsoft killed my hard drive last year (UGHH), I'm installing a new hard drive into my Samsung notebook 7 I got the Seagate 2TB. So now months later, I finally got a new hard drive. How do I install the factory settings for Samsung Notebook 7 and install...
  6. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive: Hi Guys As of yet, I haven't installed the SSD, At the moment I'm using WinPESE x64 on the laptop, I can't use the Windows Creation Tool because I get an error message, I've download a Windows 10 (1903 x64) without the Media Creation Tool, I have a USB stick formatted,...
  7. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  8. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65
  9. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  10. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273