Windows 10: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

Discus and support I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys As of yet, I haven't installed the SSD, At the moment I'm using WinPESE x64 on the laptop, I can't use the Windows Creation Tool because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rebel1, Sep 28, 2019.

1. rebel1 Win User

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

Hi Guys

As of yet, I haven't installed the SSD,
    At the moment I'm using WinPESE x64 on the laptop,
    I can't use the Windows Creation Tool because I get an error message,
    I've download a Windows 10 (1903 x64) without the Media Creation Tool,
    I have a USB stick formatted, I've tried using Rufus, but no joy, it says 'failed'.

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

rebel1, Sep 28, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 28, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2019
  4. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Well, I have Windows installed on the SSD, along with the drivers and browser. Now, I'm trying to install other stuff (Steam, games, etc.), but the mechanical drive isn't showing. I'm sure I missed a step?

Chosen Juan, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

1. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive - Similar Threads - I'm trying install

2. BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 on new SSD: Hello there. I have troubles installing Windows 10 on a new SSD.I bought new SSD - Samsung 870 QVO 1TB. I replaced my old SSD on my laptop - ASUS ROG G55vw with the Samsung one. I made bootable USB with official Windows 10 installation. I checked if Samsung's SSD firmware is...
  3. I'm trying to install a new NVMe storage drive, how do I install windows on the new drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm trying to install a new NVMe storage drive, how do I install windows on the new drive?: As the title states, I'm trying to install a new m.2 storage device in the slot that has the OS installed. Is there any way I can just transfer the OS to the new drive? It came pre-installed on my gaming laptop, and I want to install a better storage drive and get rid of the...
  4. I'm trying to install a new NVMe storage drive, how do I install windows on the new drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to install a new NVMe storage drive, how do I install windows on the new drive?: As the title states, I'm trying to install a new m.2 storage device in the slot that has the OS installed. Is there any way I can just transfer the OS to the new drive? It came pre-installed on my gaming laptop, and I want to install a better storage drive and get rid of the...
  5. I'm trying to install a new NVMe storage drive, how do I install windows on the new drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.: When I first did this build, I installed windows on a 1tb ssd. I just got a new 2tb ssd and I want to migrate my windows installation and files to the 2tb ssd. So I cloned my 1tb to the 2tb and reset the boot priority to my 2tb. So I booted up windows and windows still...
  7. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd: As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got. I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of boot process for it. I have tried changing my settings in my bios to boot from UEFI but it's just getting stuck at the Asus...
  8. New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive: Hello My laptop hard drive failed and as I had to change the hard drive anyway I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. I also purchased a new Window 10 Pro installation disk. I have been trying to install the disk drive and widows on my laptop and I am getting the well known...
  9. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  10. I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.

I'm trying to install Win10 to a new hard drive.: I get a message about required partition missing. I put the hard drive onto a USB adapter and put a NTFS partition on it but still no joy. What's the story on "required partition" and how do I fix it?...