Windows 10: I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional...

Discus and support I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; first problem was win10 would not install to a MBR and required me to convert, I converted within the installation successfully to GPT. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasPal, Jan 7, 2021.

1. ThomasPal Win User

I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional...

first problem was win10 would not install to a MBR and required me to convert, I converted within the installation successfully to GPT.

the installation now continues to almost the end with windows screen saying "This might take several minutes" dont turn off your pc.

but it wont go past this point, having waited several hours I turned pc off and tried again with the same result with a slight difference

sometimes windows wants me to convert to MBR and sometimes to GPT but whatever it always hangs around about the same place.

The hard drive is a new NTFS formatted drive old unit failed and unable to recover.

The installation DVD is a new Authorised disk

The memory stick I made from the authorised media ISO file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Thomas

:)

ThomasPal, Jan 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

Lenovo B570 ONLY shows support up to Win 8.x ( 32 @ 64 Bit ).

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...ps/lenovo-b570-notebook/downloads/driver-list

That being said, ...... it depends on if Windows 10 can install all the required Drivers to give you full functionality.

You would also require to purchase Win 10.

1. If i were to try this i would purchase another Suitable Hard Drive for the B570 so not to destroy the Original Windows Installation on the Present Hard Drive for this computer.
    • That way in the event of a failure in installing Windows 10 you can always replace the Original Hard Drive with the Pre-Installed Original Operating System that you bought it with.

2. Then i would Download / Create a Windows 10 Installation Media ( ISO ) to test with before even purchasing a

copy of Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Frank N St31n, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

II have a Lenovo B570 laptop that is about 8 yrs old. Can Windows 10 be installed sucessfully on it?

Linclarkwood, Jan 7, 2021
  4. I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional...

Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo - Virtualise??

I have gone through so many You tubes and forums and tutorials but unable to do successfully. All i want is to virtualise my existing lenovo laptop which is UEFI GPT and Windows 10 Pro. Tried Disk2VHD etc.
    Everywhere it covers MBR conversion but nowhere it seems i am able to find successful conversion or virtualization from Physical to virtual on Windows 10 64 Bit Professional UEFI GPT Laptop Lenovo ?

Any one who has done it successfully and detaild steps available?

Why I dont want to create a empty VM and install OS because so many softwares are installed on my c and therefore I need VM environment for testing with current settings?

Pls help

sunandoghosh, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional...

1. I'm trying to install windows 10 onto a Lenovo B570 laptop from a win10 Home/Professional... - Similar Threads - I'm trying install

2. Upgrade From Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade From Windows 10 Home To Windows 10 Professional: Hi, I've recently bought a Lenovo S340 laptop, with Windows 10 Home OS preinstalled. I am planning to upgrade the existing Windows 10 Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Can I perform the upgrade WITHOUT buying/purchasing the Upgrade Key e.g. Using Windows 10 Media...
  3. upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro: Hi I'm trying to upgrade a new laptop with pre installed Win10 Home to win10 Pro. I have a new physical copy of Win10 Pro with key that I scratched to get the key. I navigated to activation and change product key, entered the key into field and got error message. the...
  4. How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional: How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional, I have tried everything but unable to do so, I want to directly update my laptop's windows 10 home to professional without any data loss. Specs i7 8th gen, 16 GB ram....
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional: I am trying to download a digital signature certificate but I keep getting an error message that I need to install a cryptographic service provider. My question is will upgrading to Windows 10 Professional correct this error and allow me to download the certificate....
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error

Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error: Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language. I purchased a new Windows 10 Professional Product Key to upgrade it. I followed the steps to change product key, but still i can't upgrade my edition of windows. Please help me. Thanks in...
  10. Full install media for Win10 Professional, when upgrading from Home

Full install media for Win10 Professional, when upgrading from Home: Brand new ASUS laptop. Has Windows 10 Home installed (the ASUS flavor though, with ASUS eula, etc.) Want to do two things: 1. Wipe the ASUS Win10 install completely, and install Microsoft's vanilla Win10 2. But install Professional instead of Home. Will pay the...