Windows 10: I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

Discus and support I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't I lock my own machine? What's the point of the functionality?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danielle Blake, Mar 23, 2023.

1. I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

Why can't I lock my own machine? What's the point of the functionality?

:)

Danielle Blake, Mar 23, 2023
  2. bhgt Win User

Unable to lock my Windows phone 7 mobile after it got stolen

Hi,
    My phone got stolen today.When I am trying to lock my phone,It is saying unable to lock the phone try later.
    Please help me to lock my windows phone 7.

3. yasmeen.J Win User
    Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not locked. And they show no location on map bcz its disabled. Wht should i do now???

yasmeen.J, Mar 23, 2023
  4. I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

hi there. My laptop was stolen on the 07/10/2021 and ever since that day I tried to lock my laptop under find my device. In the beginning it said 'we having a problem locking your device, Microsoft will send you a message to your outlook email address' Now when i am trying to lock it it says ' Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find offensive' even if i put no short message in the field.

I assume the laptop was never put on again that's why it cannot be locked. Is there no way Microsoft can track it?

Natalie Elizabeth Jacobs, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

1. I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right... - Similar Threads - I'm trying lock

2. I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...: Why can't I lock my own machine? What's the point of the functionality? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-lock-my-laptop-that-was-stolen-from/9d114689-b025-4037-b2c6-fbb9a194ba97
  3. I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm trying to lock my laptop that was stolen from me. It keeps saying "unable to lock right...: Why can't I lock my own machine? What's the point of the functionality? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-lock-my-laptop-that-was-stolen-from/9d114689-b025-4037-b2c6-fbb9a194ba97
  4. Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen: hi there. My laptop was stolen on the 07/10/2021 and ever since that day I tried to lock my laptop under find my device. In the beginning it said 'we having a problem locking your device, Microsoft will send you a message to your outlook email address' Now when i am trying to...
  5. Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock my Windows 10 Laptop that was stolen: hi there. My laptop was stolen on the 07/10/2021 and ever since that day I tried to lock my laptop under find my device. In the beginning it said 'we having a problem locking your device, Microsoft will send you a message to your outlook email address' Now when i am trying to...
  6. Not possible to lock stolen laptop?

Not possible to lock stolen laptop?: Hey guys! My laptop was stolen the day before yesterday and i'm trying everything to get it back. At first I could not find its location from the "find my devices" screen. It said that the laptop had 0% battery, so i thought the thief just hadnt turned it on yet. Then i...
  7. Locked Stolen laptop

Locked Stolen laptop: So my laptop was recently stolen and I used the Microsoft find my device being my location services were turned on. On the 12/04/20 it shows that my laptop was successfully locked. So is that meaning that down in the firmware it has been locked? or is it just basic in the...
  8. Trying to lock stolen laptop. Used "find my device". Can't see the Lock option.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to lock stolen laptop. Used "find my device". Can't see the Lock option.: I read that after doing find my device in my Microsoft account I would see an option to lock my device in the upper right. I see no such option. I lost a Lenovo yoga 710 (2018, I think). I'm trying to lock it through my Samsung phone. submitted by /u/I-Am-Electric [link]...
  9. Wants to lock my stolen laptop.

Wants to lock my stolen laptop.: My laptop has been stolen. I am trying to lock it but it ahow the that microsoft will let you know when they lock it. Its being two days its still not locked. And they show no location on map bcz its disabled. Wht should i do now???...
  10. Can I lock my stolen laptop !

Can I lock my stolen laptop !: Is it possible to lock my stolen Laptop I've tried to on my account devices but doesn't seem to work ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-lock-my-stolen-laptop/09a29f9e-44b5-4136-bdee-03c3d199b5b6"