Windows 10: I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

Discus and support I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a relatively small sized ssd and some of my game files are taking up space.I've been told that it's not a good idea to move my user folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Monke969, Jan 18, 2021.

1. I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

So I have a relatively small sized ssd and some of my game files are taking up space.I've been told that it's not a good idea to move my user folder entirely and I should only move the subfolders I want. My question is what are the folders that I shouldn't touch/move and things I need to know to keep the process safe.

submitted by /u/Monke969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Monke969, Jan 18, 2021

2. How can I relocate the folder C:\Users to D:\Users in Windows 10?

Hi Pappasa,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I understand that you wanted to relocate the folder
    C:\Users to D:\Users in Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further in a better manner, please provide us the following information:

• Are you trying to change the default folder to D:\Users ?
    • Are you trying to move any files ?

Please reply us with the above information and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 18, 2021
  4. gs99 Win User

I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

Thema:

I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D.

1. I'm trying to move some folders from my user from drive C to D. - Similar Threads - I'm trying move

2. I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...: Trying to move my photos app or at least its contents from C-D drive but none of the advice helps. How do I indicate the target location, simply clicking on the D drive does not work? Help!...
  3. I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to move my photos from my C drive to D drive but don't know how to select the D...: Trying to move my photos app or at least its contents from C-D drive but none of the advice helps. How do I indicate the target location, simply clicking on the D drive does not work? Help!...
  4. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  5. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  6. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  7. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  8. Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move Roaming folder from C: to D: drive: Im having some storage issues right now (my C drive having 35 gigs left and my D having 1T) and i wanted to move my Roaming folder over because that's whats taking up a bit of storage. is there any way to do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/xX_Bacon_Boi_Xx [link] [comments]...
  9. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  10. Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder moved from C to D drive and has been merged with User folder: I was running out of space on my C drive, so I decided to relocate the Downloads folder to the D drive within my User folderD:\Hashim Ali My user folder in the d drive This ended up merging my user folder and the downloads folder, making it one massive 40 GB folder I...